• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

Ill patiently wait on EURO. If it holds serve with 2-4 ...Ill take it to bank since it has been most consitent since the get go 5 days ago with this storm. If it folds its tent to GFS then Ill kiss Winter goodbye fondly and PLEASE bring on 80's as my birthday gift Mar 31!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the latest run of the GFS reaffirmed that the best chance for several inches of snow may lie across parts of Suffolk County and eastern CT in the NY metro area. Cape Cod out to Atlantic Canada probably has the best chance at a significant snowfall. There still remains some uncertainty, but considering that this run of the GFS has incorporated very good sampling, some move by the ECMWF toward the GFS may be more likely than the ECMWF's ticking any farther westward.  

I can't believe how down you seem today.  Cheer up.  There is still a slim chance this may over perform.  Anyway,  I really appreciate all your helpful posts this winter. I learn more every year.

I'm not down, just being realistic based on what i'm seeing on all model guidance today. Glad I was able to help this winter. And looking forward to spring and summer forecasting too. 

I'm still holding on to the rule that the low wants to follow the Gulf Stream. If that's the case this is still a big hit for se ne. Eastern li would would be on the fringe of good banding. You could see 8 inches in mtk and an inch in West Hampton. I wouldn't be surprised to see the western part of our area see zero accum.

The other 2 options OTS and HEC for NYC look to less then 25 percent combined

I'm still holding on to the rule that the low wants to follow the Gulf Stream. If that's the case this is still a big hit for se ne. Eastern li would would be on the fringe of good banding. You could see 8 inches in mtk and an inch in West Hampton. I wouldn't be surprised to see the western part of our area see zero accum.

The other 2 options OTS and HEC for NYC look to less then 25 percent combined

8" to 1" over 12 miles is a TIGHT gradient. I think a little too tight.

We'll see what the EURO says at 2 today. If it shifts west with its OP and ensembles as well, it'll raise a big red flag. If it stays the course of goes slightly east from 0z the chance of LI even seeing greater than 4" is less than 30% IMO.

The WPC is pretty much going with just a blend of the 0z Euro and ensembles until the 12z comes in.

PREFERENCE: BLEND OF THE 00Z ECMWF AND 00Z ECENS MEANCONFIDENCE: BELOW AVERAGE

We'll see what the EURO says at 2 today. If it shifts west with its OP and ensembles as well, it'll raise a big red flag. If it stays the course of goes slightly east from 0z the chance of LI even seeing greater than 4" is less than 30% IMO.

My guess is that the eastward moves on the other guidance with the improved sampling says a lot. One wasn't dealing with a single model's moving eastward. Hence, the odds probably favor to strongly favor the Euro's moving eastward in its forthcoming run.

I have a hard time believing the euro will not go EAST at 2 .

The new data was absorbed by the rest of the suite and they went east .

I think the euro does the same.

0z may have been hiccup since it deviated from the 12z stronger 0z weaker pattern it had been showing for days.

But even a further east Euro will probably be better over Eastern LI/CC than the other 12z guidance today.It's

not a big deal since western sections were never really in the game to begin with.

0z may have been hiccup since it deviated from the 12z stronger 0z weaker pattern it had been showing for days.

But even a further east Euro will probably be better over Eastern LI than the other 12z guidance today. But it's

not a big deal since western sections were never really in the game to begin with.

Yeh if I were on the east end I would have my eyes open

Man The Cape is the place to be.

What a reversal from Jan and Feb when we got hit with everything to now everything dodging like crazy. The snow map for the month of March is going to look very anomalous for sure.

This was probably the cruelest way for mother nature to even out the NE/MID-ATLANTIC. We got january and february and they dominated march

Archived