wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be excited about this storm unless I lived on Cape Cod or in Nova Scotia.

Down east Maine as well. Agree Halifax is in for one hell of a blizzard.

Also as I talked about a few days ago since this is a miller a there will be just huge surf up and down the east coast that will cause some erosion and wash overs

Should b quite the wind event along w thundersnow in CC

Yeah, higher reso has a 948 mb closed contour well east of Cape which may be a new pressure record for that lat/lon

should it verify that low. Gotta give the Euro credit for showing the bombing potential from early

on this past week.

that's great, but 90% of this board doesnt live there.

that's great, but 90% of this board doesnt live there.

When I pointed this out a red tagger suggested I have a forum for just my own town. It's not wrong to not give a crap about weather that doesn't impact you. I'm sure it's sunny in Hawaii today and the fishing is good. So what?

When I pointed this out a red tagger suggested I have a forum for just my own town. It's not wrong to not give a crap about weather that doesn't impact you. I'm sure it's sunny in Hawaii today and the fishing is good. So what?

Well its pretty obvious we were all tracking a potential snowstorm for our area. He was pointing out that the only place that may end up with a snowstorm is cape cod so it is relevant

I do get your point. However, the impacts that they will feel are from THE SAME storm that may have had impacts on us. Unfortunately, since all models have trended away from any solutions that provide significant snow for our area, this thread is really only worth keeping up if we consider and discuss the significant and possibly extreme/historic impacts this storm can have on areas away from us, such as SE Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone

Not sure what model this is (RPM?), but it shows the precip shield pretty far west, and some good snow rates: http://www.abc27.com/category/230536/precisioncast-future-radar-next-72-hours

I believe it is the RPM model. I feel that it usually seems to lag behind the latest trends. This one is different, from WABC's webpage, which I also think is the RPM.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/feature?section=weather/maps&id=8307793

I was going to maybe make a snowfall map for my blog, do you think that is even necessary at this point? LI is still in the game for getting at least 2 inches, right?

A couple inches on the grass at night would be about it west of the hamptons. East of there is still in the game for way way more. I expect to see a wsw east of river head.

Cc has a potential for insanity with hurricane force winds and 2" plus rates. A real true blizzard

yeah you know this is mostly a miss for most of us.  Still could be an interesting day of weather on tuesday/wednesday.

The trough seemingly has more room to dig southwest, but for some reason it just wants to continue to dive southeast instead of south. This is not your typical miller A that results in big east coast snows.

Archived