Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro gives all areas 0.25" plus from the inverted trough, even for my backyard.

Can we all agree that if we somehow get 1-3" from this, eastern Long Island gets 3-6" and SE NE gets 6-12....we'd all be happy ? I know I would, although it is unlikely at this pointl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If eastern Long Island gets 3-6" from this storm, that would be awesome for them. However, I'm sure even they will be mainly paying attention to how it bombs out like crazy as it tracks NE into Nova Scotia. The "what could have been"s will be flying around I'm sure. Lately I always tell myself that it's not what could have been, because there only can ever be one solution to a storm.....what the models predict has nothing to do with what will really happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the 0z idea of splitting the low with a piece further west was the hiccup as this run gets a consolidated

center well east of CC down to 951 mb.

Should b quite the wind event along w thundersnow in CC

Euro would still be 1-3 inches for our entire area.  The Weatherbell snow map even shows a sneaky area of 4-5 inch amounts in southeast PA that head up in our direction.  If that area moves any more NE with the storm on future runs it could make things interesting .  Also, on Wednesday the Euro is showing wind gusts of 40-50 mph in our area.

For our area about a mile off the coast of ocean county..Kblm is 0.4"..

SE pa went from 0.2" to 0.4-0.5", guessing from an ivt..

I never say never. But inverted troughs love N E

What s Gona happen. Over the next 36 hours u will see it move N and pp will b arguing who's getting 3 to 6 etc.

951 is incredible for our latitude . Too bad it's east. But CC is in for an arse whooping if the euro is right.

What s Gona happen. Over the next 36 hours u will see it move N and pp will b arguing who's getting 3 to 6 etc.

951 is incredible for our latitude . Too bad it's east. But CC is in for an arse whooping if the euro is right.

inverted troughs are considered a weather phenomenon that is strictly New England, at least that's how the study put it. Long island is included, but rarely. The weather patterns which set up in New England made it conducive for inverted troughs.

Weatherbell has it as 946 mb about 150 miles east of Cape Cod with wind gusts around 100 mph west of the center.  Can you even image if this had come inland as Sandy did?  

Archived