joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not get too worked up over the NAM there is no other guidance that remotely  looks like this .

Just wait for the rest of the suite  with new  RAOB s in it and don't worry if its 1 to 3 or 3 to 6 , if its alone its wrong .

Another solution is an inverted trough which the models might throw out there. The 12z Nam is still showing it. Congrats Philly and SNJ on the Nam. The main low is way out to sea.

So this storm is doing everything to miss us every which way it can. Gotta read the tea leaves here. has any model shown a hit at all for Central to NE NJ? I haven't seen a mention of it. The fact that I don't see the usual NJ cohort here tells me a lot, except for earthlight who seems fairly confident it ain't our storm. Which has been evident for awhile now.

I don't see 3-6 for NYC on any snow map. Looks like 1-3 inches.

Yep. It's definitely south of 6z and definitely does not "nail" us by any stretch of the imagination. It's a period of snow for a few hours...maybe up to moderate intensity. Might have trouble accumulating though if not heavy enough. South of here, maybe a few inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this storm is doing everything to miss us every which way it can. Gotta read the tea leaves here. has any model shown a hit at all for Central to NE NJ? I haven't seen a mention of it. The fact that I don't see the usual NJ cohort here tells me a lot, except for earthlight who seems fairly confident it ain't our storm. Which has been evident for awhile now.

Nothing is evident yet. A big storm is looking less likely for NYC but points east is still very much in the game . A light to moderate snowfall is pretty much still on the table for NYC.

Nothing is evident yet. A big storm is looking less likely for NYC but points east is still very much in the game . A light to moderate snowfall is pretty much still on the table for NYC.

Eh, not interested in points east. I'm west of the city so that doesn't mean squat to me. It's a big forum ( too big IMO ) so I understand people on far off points of LI are here, but they are as far from me as DC, and the weather about as relevant.

The mostly statistically accurate model in this time frame by far, the European model, its ensemble mean has you down for 4 inches of snow, so not sure what you are talking about.

This hasn`t been you`re storm or mine for some time now . The big solution area wide has been gone for a while  .

The last 2 days have leaned from NYC east and more so across Long Island and  E CT .

NYC is only 50 miles west of .8 on the Euro , but the bomb is east of us .

There`s not a lot of room for error across the Island . 50 mile slide east take a lot of people off the field .

We will see if there is a small wobble at 12z , but no one is expecting a 100  to 200 mile shift

The mostly statistically accurate model in this time frame by far, the European model, its ensemble mean has you down for 4 inches of snow, so not sure what you are talking about.

I am not getting that impression here; 1-3 is what I keep reading. But 4 inches is hardly anything to get excited over. It would pad the season totals though.

If the inverted trough is real, there's a good chance it would set up over us given it's to our SW now and they do trend NE as we get closer.

The fact that the mid levels don't close off right away could be great because the snow shield will be spread out instead of confined to the CCB, which looks to be to our east for the most part.

I would not get too worked up over the NAM there is no other guidance that remotely looks like this .

Just wait for the rest of the suite with new RAOB s in it and don't worry if its 1 to 3 or 3 to 6 , if its alone its wrong .

Seriously, why even discuss it when it is, and has been, so far off from the other models (time and time again)?

WOW! is it touchy in here, boy do close misses bring out the hostile in people in this place :lol:

guys even if this doesn't hit LI is it worth this bickering? its weather that we cant control. that said I am not giving up on the EURO, its been my model of choice and I will use it regardless what the GFS is doing

Archived