joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE's Revenge....We're back bi**ches! 3/12-13 discussion

mreaves

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove up from Schenectady to Hartland Vt. and currently about 800' up.  36 degrees and raining in the Dorptown at 7am, 31-32 and raining until about halfway up the 11 and 30 hill outside of Manchester and snow the rest of the way.  Snowing nice big flakes here, visibility maybe 1/3 mile.  

Well... we can pretty much blame Scott like Bruno Mally for this thing cutting on us...  

Yep -- I remember him making a snide sort of post like 4 days ago, thinking it would be a funny sarcastic jest if he were to post this little verbal gem:

'I guess come this time tomorrow we'll be tracking a big snowstorm for Buffalo...' -- or words to the same affect. 

Well low and behold, NWS has sweetened the deal by elevating their fever pitch to the Blizzard Warning ...right smack where Scott thought it would all funny to set us up with that karma.

Nice goin' Scott.  Nice goin'

haha

Well... we can pretty much blame Scott like Bruno Mally for this thing cutting on us...  

Yep -- I remember him making a snide sort of post like 4 days ago, thinking it would be a funny sarcastic jest if he were to post this little verbal gem:

'I guess come this time tomorrow we'll be tracking a big snowstorm for Buffalo...' -- or words to the same affect. 

Well low and behold, NWS has sweetened the deal by elevating their fever pitch to the Blizzard Warning ...right smack where Scott thought it would all funny to set us up with that karma.

haha

Well since about Friday..ptype was more my worry. Oops. Sorry SNE.

It was pretty clear at 12z yesterday the GFS was on its own. The NAM did better. 

I know..when it is on its own...time to wipe.   I could have wiped harder. I just find it funny that I thought shyed away from it enough..and it still wasn't..lol. Although the euro is probably a little too wet as well for SNE today.

I know..when it is on its own...time to wipe.   I could have wiped harder. I just find it funny that I thought shyed away from it enough..and it still wasn't..lol. Although the euro is probably a little too wet as well for SNE today.

Most of the forcing is back in the cold air, I think we come in with a real big wet bias in parts of our SE CWA. PSM just doesn't look like they'll get in on the heavy, heavy anything.

It's actually funny looking at the difference between the higher res Euro and the low res Euro yesterday. The high res version was consistently farther north with the QPF and fairly dry down this way. GFS was just horrible and I think the phantom QPF max it was blowing up along the CT/MA border up through Route 2 was probably doing funky things with where the mid level front would set up. 

Most of the forcing is back in the cold air, I think we come in with a real big wet bias in parts of our SE CWA. PSM just doesn't look like they'll get in on the heavy, heavy anything.

It's actually funny looking at the difference between the higher res Euro and the low res Euro yesterday. The high res version was consistently farther north with the QPF and fairly dry down this way. GFS was just horrible and I think the phantom QPF max it was blowing up along the CT/MA border up through Route 2 was probably doing funky things with where the mid level front would set up. 

It is a classic case of just all forcing along the WF with not much in the warm sector until later and that makes sense. Clearly the GFS like Ryan pointed out was too far south with the WF and thus QPF.   

I have been noticing this too, that this system is biased on the polarward side.  Even the warm or quasi-warm sector there's not really much of a WCB mechanics in play, or the associated big squall time of deal. The wind just of flips and cold rushes in and you get into the action. 

It has an intense low of course, but doesn't also sort of take on some ANA characteristic.  Fascinating

haha

Props to you Tip... you saw the potential for a storm a long time ago by the teleconnectors.  It may not work out like you wanted it too, but the teleconnections you mentioned put a strong storm on the east coast and that's exactly what happened.

You don't think all that heavy stuff in PA doesn't slide east across northern SNE up into PSM area?

To be honest I was thinking the radar looked more in line with the GFS, lol.

Go figure...Euro def cooled at 12z today....areas N of dendrite will probably get more snow than it was saying previously.

Euro also has 1-2" for interior MA/S NH for early tomorrow morning. Maybe coating to an inch down into Kevin's hood.

You don't think all that heavy stuff in PA doesn't slide east across northern SNE up into PSM area?

To be honest I was thinking the radar looked more in line with the GFS, lol.

They'll get precip, but I think the heaviest is going to fall just on the cold side of the 850 front.

Go figure...Euro def cooled at 12z today....areas N of dendrite will probably get more snow than it was saying previously.

Euro also has 1-2" for interior MA/S NH for early tomorrow morning. Maybe coating to an inch down into Kevin's hood.

Yeah looks cooler. Maybe about 0.05" of liquid as snow for N CT? 

I'll take that and run. Is around 1AM a reasonable time for changing over at least to something frozen for N/interior Mass.? Edit: According to the Euro.

Sent from my VS980 4G

I'll take that and run. Is around 1AM a reasonable time for changing over at least to something frozen for N/interior Mass.? Edit: According to the Euro.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Yes...maybe a tad after 1am on euro, more like 2-3am there.

Weenies excited over .05 snow qpf on back end makes me giggle

MPM is only spot that looks truly interesting in sne to me, greenfield Chris's longitude and im pulling for his temps to really drop later in eve as qPF cranks also is as well.

N MA right over through ORH county and NE MA could easily pick up 1-2 inches early tomorrow....probably a nowcast thing. But Euro has been showing this most runs. Looked a buit better at 12z.

Archived