joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 15-17 Winter Storm

RyanDe680

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all pretty funny. Ever since GHD and WGN running commercials bragging about Skilling "predicting" the storm a week in advance, throwing out huge number like Miller did seem to be more common with hopes they "call it" and can then brag about it. Weather is one of the few things that can still drive viewers to the network news.

Forums usually have some posters who do the opposite, lol-ing at weenies or racing to punt or DAB calls.

Whenever you see snowlover2 post you know it's a good model run for Ohio

Yep, when snowlover2 posts, I know I don't need to check that model.

lol...what is the fixation to point out Ohio posters posting when a model run shows a hit for them?   Shouldn't that observation be filed in the 'No Sh*t Sherlock' File?   Basically whether you're from Chicago, Wisconsin, Kentucky, or Detroit, we all tend to post comments in the storm thread when a model shows it a hit in our backyards.  

The actual observation that should be noted is most Ohio posters don't junk up threads when a threat isn't going to affect us...Shouldn't we get a :clap: for that??? :)

as far as the nam...it's the nam

lol...what is the fixation to point out Ohio posters posting when a model run shows a hit for them?   Shouldn't that observation be filed in the 'No Sh*t Sherlock' File?   Basically whether you're from Chicago, Wisconsin, Kentucky, or Detroit, we all tend to post comments in the storm thread when a model shows it a hit in our backyards.  

The actual observation that should be noted is most Ohio posters don't junk up threads when a threat isn't going to affect us...Shouldn't we get a :clap: for that??? :)

as far as the nam...it's the nam

Probably because a storm that is good for Southern Ohio is usually good for no one else in the forum.

lol I dont think this was ever even close to a threat here. Next eyes would be on the March 19th storm for us Id say.

Not a legit threat anyways.

I mean, it wouldn't take much for it to become a legit threat, but I'm not expecting that Olympic crap to happen either.

Not a legit threat anyways.

I mean, it wouldn't take much for it to become a legit threat, but I'm not expecting that Olympic crap to happen either.

Only thing going for areas further north is climo and this is not the year i would rely on that too much. Have a better shot at hitting you ( Powerball :P ) then any of us ( in MI )  do at getting anything decent from this. This is all i-70 and south into KY and points east. These types of systems ( closed off ) can lay down some decent amounts of rain/snow so yeah some may score a very decent hit from it. Good luck to whoever that is..

Only thing going for areas further north is climo and this is not the year i would rely on that too much. Have a better shot at hitting you ( Powerball :P ) then any of us ( in MI )  do at getting anything decent from this. This is all i-70 and south into KY and points east. These types of systems ( closed off ) can lay down some decent amounts of rain/snow so yeah some may score a very decent hit from it. Good luck to whoever that is..

A solution like the 00z GFS (very much plausible I think) would be hilarious if it happened.

Archived