joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 15-17 Winter Storm

RyanDe680

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are dealing with 2 possible storms in the next week or so...one right after the other.  Probably should wait until there's better model agreement to start a thread for the 2nd one.

Euro takes the day 4/5 storm off the NC/VA coast....  then on day 6/7 it has another storm that takes almost an identical track as this current storm.    If true, we'd be grazed by the day 4/5 and rained on day 6/7.  

But yea, focus for this thread should be day 4/5.

What did the Canadian just do and why? The 12z Euro also is decent for here Sunday night. These positively tilted, moisture laden troughs with cold filtering in from the north have yielded a few times before this winter in SE Ohio (and by SE Ohio standards it's been snowy). It's mid-March in the OV so of course it's hard to get too excited. Keep the solution for another two or three days on the Canadian and Euro and that may change.

What did the Canadian just do and why? The 12z Euro also is decent for here Sunday night. These positively tilted, moisture laden troughs with cold filtering in from the north have yielded a few times before this winter in SE Ohio (and by SE Ohio standards it's been snowy). It's mid-March in the OV so of course it's hard to get too excited. Keep the solution for another two or three days on the Canadian and Euro and that may change.

Yeah that 0z GGEM was pretty weird looking. Good chunk of Ohio came out good especially east of I-71 (6"+) and se Ohio more so with 16-20". Crazy run.

This one will be a miss to the south for most of us, the system behind it is the one I would be watching.

This +1  Back on March 8th I started to talk about the period from March 18th thru the 24 on the Minnesota Forecaster site, most of the posters where misinterpreting some of our local mets that were using raw GFS numbers to say winter was over.

Raw data output from the GFS run 13/0z, it's finally reading it's own telleconections properly, there could be a severe weather outbreak during that time frame, with a major snowstorm in the cold sector.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=kmsp

Check the comment section.  I'm known as randyinchamplin on that site.

http://www.minnesotaforecaster.com/

Archived