joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 15-17 Winter Storm

RyanDe680

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not that knowledgeable on their climatology but that would have to be pretty rare for them this time of year

not sure about St. Louis, but I can tell you for the Ohio river valley, March snowstorms are not unusual...definitely wouldn't categorize them as rare.     Hell, here in central Ohio up until Feb 2003, our 24 hour record snowfall was in April.   Consider a late Feb snowstorm knocked that one off, and then a March snowstorm knocked that one off   :lol:

not sure about St. Louis, but I can tell you for the Ohio river valley, March snowstorms are not unusual...definitely wouldn't categorize them as rare.     Hell, here in central Ohio up until Feb 2003, our 24 hour record snowfall was in April.   Consider a late Feb snowstorm knocked that one off, and then a March snowstorm knocked that one off   :lol:

I forgot about last March 23rd I think it was, where STL got over a foot.

I'm down for a March 24-25, 2013 repeat. That'd get us close to 85" for the season. :D

I know years are independent from one another but that would be insane to do that in back to back years.  I think we've only had 2 or 3 double digit storms after March 15, one of them being last year.

Anyhow, not too optimistic with this storm but it's interesting enough to keep my attention.

Archived