• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day east coast snow storm 2014-or maybe the St Paddys' hangover storm?

weathafella

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1888 had higher impact.

1. It was mild and few knew what was about to come as light rain began.

2. Many were stranded in transit and lost their lives.

3. You didn't have big azz diesel powered vehicles to keep roadways open. It completely paralyzed NYC.

Yeah the pictures of 1888 are just insane... must have been amazing to hear first-hand stories from people.  

I'm glad this thread was started ... I didn't know it was, and was just over in the other one encouraging that one be started -- haha.

Anyway, I think also that other thread needs to be retired, and that an actual storm-centric thread focused on the mid-range event should be started.  

That thread I made was more theoretical/conceptual ... although it did get taken over near-term storm. 

Yeah, in fact, ...some implications are that the latter system could actually be the bigger of the two. There are aspect to the synoptics that could result that way. 

I had to crawl inside my half frozen horse in order to survive. And I thought they smelled bad on the outside.

I used mine as a sled afterwards.  Tough, yet pliable.  Great drifts for it, too.

Gonna be a glacier in June if the next two weeks go worst-case.  Would be a lovely treat for my birthday.  It can be rough when you want snow OTG on the first day of spring.

Are you heading to the lawn and dp threads, Kevin?

Pretty depressed this morning. I won't lie. What was discussed as a snowy month just hasn't worked out. It's possible a lot of SNE has seen their last accumulating snowfall. Always a depressing time for me.If we had warmth and shorts wx to lock in and look forward to I'd be fine with that..But we're looking at a cold, dry month after mid week storm and then cold wet spring and summer. Maybe this storm will come back but it looks awful on all guidance and ensembles

Pretty depressed this morning. I won't lie. What was discussed as a snowy month just hasn't worked out. It's possible a lot of SNE has seen their last accumulating snowfall. Always a depressing time for me.If we had warmth and shorts wx to lock in and look forward to I'd be fine with that..But we're looking at a cold, dry month after mid week storm and then cold wet spring and summer. Maybe this storm will come back but it looks awful on all guidance and ensembles

flip flop fly dont care if I die

Other than the op models losing the storm 110%..I know that's a who cares comment..but the way things have gone since Feb 17..I don't think anyone should feel good about anything going forward

So you felt good yesterday about St. Patty's day because an OP model (specifically the Euro) had the storm at over 200 hours...but now that the OP Euro lost it (and the ensembles didn't), you feel that much worse? :lol:

Man, this hobby might not be your cup of tea if that is what sways your opinion on a D8 threat.

So you felt good yesterday about St. Patty's day because an OP model (specifically the Euro) had the storm at over 200 hours...but now that the OP Euro lost it (and the ensembles didn't), you feel that much worse? :lol:

Man, this hobby might not be your cup of tea if that is what sways your opinion on a D8 threat.

The Euro ens also showed a snowstorm in SNE as recent at Fri afternoon for this weeks storm and now look where we are lol. Our luck ran out Feb 17

The Euro ens also showed a snowstorm in SNE as recent at Fri afternoon for this weeks storm and now look where we are lol. Our luck ran out Feb 17

Some areas aren't doing that bad. Just to my south has over 5" since 2/27. Will is right, you are going to give yourself a stroke if you keep this up.

Archived