• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day east coast snow storm 2014-or maybe the St Paddys' hangover storm?

weathafella

Was waiting for that, is there a teleconnection reason that the EURO & other models have been absolutely bombing this low as it dives SE-ward? Is it mainly the PNA ridge? 

Yes, the energy dives south on the east side of the ridge and really carves out a strong s/w. My concern this time around is progressiveness as it looks like the ridge out west flattens too. Perhaps the one saving grace is that this time of year is more prone to cutoffs even in a shorter wavelength pattern.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT: you are right..but I'm surprised its not documented on that BOX calendar. If I recall it was mid to late march..i need to find the PNS. I'll post in the other thread if I do

I remember that storm. I think Messenger had like 10-11" as well. This was the few months following my son being born so my memory isn't the best.

GFS is pretty progressive still, I think being progressive is the one thing that could mess it up, but it's still very early.

I agree, it could go both ways, progressive, or I could see the storm too strong and cutting itself off from the flow.

I think at this range it is just good to see the GFS have the main players on the field and be suppressed. I'm actually more happy it shows this then some northern branch Lakes low or something. I know it is cliche, but all the big ones are usually looking weak and south on the GFS at this range FWIW.

Archived