• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day east coast snow storm 2014-or maybe the St Paddys' hangover storm?

weathafella

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had quite a few of those recently that haven't worked out lol. I will say, the Sunday into monday system holds some real promise. We will have to wait and see on the follow up system

Right, I was just commenting on the run....but it fits the pattern we are in. It looks like the 11-15 day will turn cold again..especially compared to normal. Storminess is another story, but I will stick to my guns and say we aren't done with snow.

12z GEFS members have a few interesting solutions... looks better than 06z/00z. 

A few members have the follow up wave on Wednesday which is a torch rainstorm

Another Miller B on the euro for the 19th. Hmmm.

EURO gives ya guys a modest little event next Wednesday. 

Both are very cold storms too.

GEFS are rain, and Euro shows a cold snow for the 19th?

Right, I was just commenting on the run....but it fits the pattern we are in. It looks like the 11-15 day will turn cold again..especially compared to normal. Storminess is another story, but I will stick to my guns and say we aren't done with snow.

Yep, we missed on 3/3 in one direction and 3/12 in another direction....but keep the magazine full of bullets and keep firing and you are bound to get a hit....that's kind of what this pattern in March is like. It looks to continue, so we'll have more chances until the clip is empty...and it doesn't look like its empty anytime soon. Perhaps by the time we close out the month...and climo really starts creeping in...but with that look on the 11-15, even late March is looking plenty ripe for some snow chances.

Yep, we missed on 3/3 in one direction and 3/12 in another direction....but keep the magazine full of bullets and keep firing and you are bound to get a hit....that's kind of what this pattern in March is like. It looks to continue, so we'll have more chances until the clip is empty...and it doesn't look like its empty anytime soon. Perhaps by the time we close out the month...and climo really starts creeping in...but with that look on the 11-15, even late March is looking plenty ripe for some snow chances.

Best analogy..lol.

Scooter could still finish ahead of me even if both of those verify

That is all I care about

Then he's the one who has to get up and get the cleanup towel. That's how it works.

I gotta say, it's really bizarre to be at this point in the year and still be looking at day 5 and day 7 threats with actual interest and low concern.

That having been said, none of these potential things are in the "trust zone" on the Euro yet, but if I had to have one model lead a charge in their general direction, it's a nice one to have.

The signal is still there .. it's probably the same old tired scenario of being lost only to come back - blah blah blah. 

Also, the splitting/shearing of some dynamics back SW is plausible.  It just happened with this one...But, I see the ridge in the west as being slightly too far west. When the ridge is more collocated with the spine of the Rockies ... put it this way, the combination of higher heights there, with the mountains beneath, has a way of keeping impulse dynamics bundled as they crest the ridge and descent in latitude.  Otherwise, there tends to be a weakness near New Mexico or thereabouts, such that it provides less resistance to jet dynamics and that is why some part of those get ripped apart when the try to turn into the MV region. 

BOX doesnt even mention a Sunday/Monday threat in their pm discussion:

"Highs Sunday are expected to be in the 30s to middle 40s as high

pressure builds into southern New England.

Monday...temperatures just below normal will continue as high

pressure crests over the region." 

reminds me of back in the 1960's when you used to call to get the weather...if there was a potentially big storm coming on let's say monday night the NWS recording would be something like this...."sunday night clear and cold...monday increasing clouds and cold...and on tuesday clearing late in the day, windy and cold!!!"

Archived