• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day east coast snow storm 2014-or maybe the St Paddys' hangover storm?

weathafella

Folks, guidance has been hinting for the 3/16-18 period for quite some time and the past 2-3 runs of the euro have really honed in on this with the past 2 runs nearly identical in burying the megopolis of I95 dc-boston and throughout NNE as well.   

This has been a throwback winter similar to many I experienced as a young boy and young man in the 1950s and 60s.   During many of those winters, the classic storm near the equinox was robust and frequently long lasting dumping gobs of snow.

1956, 1957, 1958, 1960 come to mind.  

I normally wouldn't start this thread 8 days out but the signal is loud enough in my view to start looking at this one critically.

Let's get a burial over all east coast weenieland!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, guidance has been hinting for the 3/16-18 period for quite some time and the past 2-3 runs of the euro have really honed in on this with the past 2 runs nearly identical in burying the megopolis of I95 dc-boston and throughout NNE as well.   

This has been a throwback winter similar to many I experienced as a young boy and young man in the 1950s and 60s.   During many of those winters, the classic storm near the equinox was robust and frequently long lasting dumping gobs of snow.

I normally wouldn't start this thread 8 days out but the signal is loud enough in my view to start looking at this one critically.

Let's get a burial over all east coast weenieland!From your mouth to God's ears: 2-3 feet from DC to Maine PLEASE with lolipops over NYC and Boston naturally :D

This has been a throwback winter similar to many I experienced as a young boy and young man in the 1950s and 60s. During many of those winters, the classic storm near the equinox was robust and frequently long lasting dumping gobs of snow.

Let's get a burial over all east coast weenieland!

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Man we are gonna have deep snowpack into like April 15th territory. No yard work for another month plus

Almost half my yard exposed now, but the back and side is still snow covered. This is now the classic haves vs have nots. One side of the street 6-8" deep, the other side almost bare. Classic March. My guess is you'll be doing work before that. We can always hope St Patrick drops a foot..lol.

Almost half my yard exposed now, but the back and side is still snow covered. This is now the classic haves vs have nots. One side of the street 6-8" deep, the other side almost bare. Classic March. My guess is you'll be doing work before that. We can always hope St Patrick drops a foot..lol.

Well I was thinking 6 plus Wed nite and then 12-18 with Jerry's Blizz.. And there will prob be 5-8 left after Tuesdays mildness.. And you figure there's at least one big one in early April

I posted in the other thread but man was I surprised how deep the snow in the woods is, 10-12. I noticed today on RT12 in Killingly houses on NE exposures still buried with roofs still full.When driving you see these exposed areas then boom around a corner its buried.0309141456.jpg

I'll give you and Steve props for sticking to your guns regarding the 94 type pattern. Certainly a hat tip to you guys.

Thanks for the kind words!

To me, once I saw the GOAK ssta by late summer my eyes out up but the signal was there months before that.

Euro ensembles like the St. Paddy's threat today along with the other ensemble guidance.

Thanks for the kind words!

To me, once I saw the GOAK ssta by late summer my eyes out up but the signal was there months before that.

Euro ensembles like the St. Paddy's threat today along with the other ensemble guidance.

It's almost similar to this next storm in a way.

I wonder how it compared to the blizzard of '78? Can't even imagine how they dealt with that much snow back in 1888...

1888 had higher impact.

1. It was mild and few knew what was about to come as light rain began.

2. Many were stranded in transit and lost their lives.

3. You didn't have big azz diesel powered vehicles to keep roadways open. It completely paralyzed NYC.

Archived