• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Paddy's Day east coast snow storm 2014-or maybe the St Paddys' hangover storm?

weathafella

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look @ the GFS @ 90 hours and the EURO @ 96 hours, it paints hte picture on why they differ so much, it has to do with the energy that is left behind at 60 hours. The EURO leaves it way west and phases it with the energy diving out of Canada. The GFS shoots it eastward and doesn't phase.

Look @ the GFS @ 90 hours and the EURO @ 96 hours, it paints hte picture on why they differ so much, it has to do with the energy that is left behind at 60 hours. The EURO leaves it way west and phases it with the energy diving out of Canada. The GFS shoots it eastward and doesn't phase.

Hmm. Euro leaving energy out west? Where have I heard that before?

No, but it doesn't look exciting at the moment.

Its also still over 5 days out.

I miss the days when we were patient to track a threat. I prob wouldn't mind tracking them further out if I didn't have to read all the bust or complaining posts when a 6-7 day threat doesn't materialize. :lol:

Its also still over 5 days out.

I miss the days when we were patient to track a threat. I prob wouldn't mind tracking them further out if I didn't have to read all the bust or complaining posts when a 6-7 day threat doesn't materialize. :lol:

Yeah...I guess people are getting antsy since the clock is ticking and I can understand that. Still over 5 days out and there may be a follow up low so there is some opportunity here. Looks like another cold snap in the 11-15 day that is very impressive so despite climo ticking...mother nature is not in a hurry to say no to SNE snow chances, based on what I see.

Yeah...I guess people are getting antsy since the clock is ticking and I can understand that. Still over 5 days out and there may be a follow up low so there is some opportunity here. Looks like another cold snap in the 11-15 day that is very impressive so despite climo ticking...mother nature is not in a hurry to say no to SNE snow chances, based on what I see.

Yep I was noticing the Mar 23-28 timeframe is getting a lot colder now on the ensembles....so there might be chances continuing. The winter pattern doesn't seem to want to give up until the bitter end.

What happened to the bullish probs and great look the ens had yesterday? 

It never was a "great" look and just because the probs are bullish on that run...it doesn't mean we have high confidence 6 days out. It means that specific run was bullish. It can change run to run 5-6 days out. The ensembles still have enough of a look to keep an eye on it. GGEM ensembles had something too...but I don't really value it much despite some of you valuing it.

Archived