amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 21 - Inverted(Norlun) Trough

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If tmorrow were Saturday, I'd be tempted to drive down from Boston, that's gotta be legit 3/hr at times

I think so. Radar scope isn't showing me all the scan levels tonight. But I think Will is right with the north winds. Somewhere between TBGs sister and here is getting cranked. Plus the whole thing is filling in.

Gfs had this with more filling in about now.

Enjoy guys...this is a treat there

Mar22_12am_Radar.gif

Been so long since one has worked out here I was way too pessimistic. Figured the first band would die/lift as it did but didn't think the follow on bands would make it this far north. Boy did they.

I am still just missing the max but its too dangerous to drive. Haven't seen a plow or sand truck all night which begs the question of school in the morning.

Well...AWT...someone was going to get a huge surprise out of this...it turned out to be EWB to the western Cape...but it was an even bigger surprise than I thought. Norluns are really freaky...they can totally bust to nothing but a few flakes or do what they are doing tonight.

Very cool event.

Rollo, my sister has two kids at Indian Brook, and her oldest goes to PCIS...i don't think Indian Brook will have school tomorrow

They've done nothing to the roads. Zero. It's frustrating down here that they go to the opposite extreme of CT. School probably should have been called by 11 when it was clear it was nasty.

There is no way the roads will be clear in time. They'll delay an hour or two which is a nightmare of working families.

Well...AWT...someone was going to get a huge surprise out of this...it turned out to be EWB to the western Cape...but it was an even bigger surprise than I thought. Norluns are really freaky...they can totally bust to nothing but a few flakes or do what they are doing tonight.

Very cool event.

Can you update the tap image? Returns moving wnw off sandwich, north from Falmouth...really cool. It will eithe fade out or i am about to get über smoked

They've done nothing to the roads. Zero. It's frustrating down here that they go to the opposite extreme of CT. School probably should have been called by 11 when it was clear it was nasty.

There is no way the roads will be clear in time. They'll delay an hour or two which is a nightmare of working families.

The band over me is coming your way.  I'm at 7 inches.  4 of which fell in 2 hours.

oh jeez...i'm sure my sister is going to be so thrilled to dig her cars out tomorrow...

Will thanks. Larger flakes now. Ridiculous accumulation rate.

TBG I am all for kids going to school...but down here as she will tell you they do not do well unless its an advertised storm. We could get 6" more inches and end up with a foot and they'd still have school.

SE MA seems to get the huge totals in the state when a Norlun busts positive...back in 2007, we had one back here that gave some spots 6"...but Cape Cod had 10-12" in March 1992, and 20" in Feb 1993 and now this one will probably have some 10-12" jackpots in far SE MA as well. It had been a while, but climo always seems to come back at some point in these events.

SE MA seems to get the huge totals in the state when a Norlun busts positive...back in 2007, we had one back here that gave some spots 6"...but Cape Cod had 10-12" in March 1992, and 20" in Feb 1993 and now this one will probably have some 10-12" jackpots in far SE MA as well. It had been a while, but climo always seems to come back at some point in these events.

Vis sat would be cool. Looks like multiple meso lows.

I remember one of these maybe in the 84-86 range that dumped on the south shore. Rare but they seem to bust big one way or the other.

We are just very fortunate to have high res models like the NAM to help us.

Vis sat would be cool. Looks like multiple meso lows.

I remember one of these maybe in the 84-86 range that dumped on the south shore. Rare but they seem to bust big one way or the other.

We are just very fortunate to have high res models like the NAM to help us.

:lmao:

Archived