12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 21 - Inverted(Norlun) Trough

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I lived 45 minuted closer I would have drove to Wareham at 4am NO Question. Do really not have an official 12" report from anyone right now? As in even a post report of what was the at 8am and can backtrack or something? It's amazing that on here so many people feel a couple of areas got 14".

Let's first get some proof.

If I lived 45 minuted closer I would have drove to Wareham at 4am NO Question. Do really not have an official 12" report from anyone right now? As in even a post report of what was the at 8am and can backtrack or something? It's amazing that on here so many people feel a couple of areas got 14". Let's first get some proof.

It's way too late.  It's compacting/sublimating like a bugger in the sun. 

I have zero doubt 10-15" fell along I195.   And generally I'm pretty conservative.  I think in general it was about 8-12 north of the canal, and then south of the canal west of 28 towards the water. 

It's way too late.  It's compacting/sublimating like a bugger in the sun. 

I have zero doubt 10-15" fell along I195.   And generally I'm pretty conservative.  I think in general it was about 8-12 north of the canal, and then south of the canal west of 28 towards the water. 

Yeah, that band was pretty persistent from about 8pm-2am.

Reminds me of the good ole days living east of Albany in Rensselaer county, but instead of a norlun we would have Mohawk / Hudson valley convergence.  Sometimes it would snow all night with literally no QPF in the models, no warnings, no advisories.  Albany was usually in the downslope region so they would "trace" for hour after hour, while we picked up acculumaltion on the upslode side of the Hudson valley.  I'd come in with 3-6" but knew somewhere up near Grafton Lakes or Berlin State Forest must have gotten a foot.  And, every once in a while I'd drive up there just to prove it!  Yeah, reminiscing...

Oh, and great pics ETaunton, if I didn't know any better I'd guess those were taken in January :snowman:

This probably explains the issues with the PNS.  Long after there were reports of 6+ here...  I don't even know where the form is on the BOX site to send in a report, I've never been able to find it.

"200 AM UPDATE...
HAS MENTIONED IN PREV AFD HAVE UPGRADED ADV TO A WARNING FOR
SOUTHERN BRISTOL AND PLYMOUTH COUNTIES. HEAVY BAND OF SNOW THAT
WAS SITUATED OVER THOSE COUNTIES HAS SHIFTED TO OVER COASTAL
PLYMOUTH AND THE CANAL. EXPECT SNOW FALL RATES OF 1-2" PER HOUR
AND VSBYS REDUCED TO BELOW ONE HALF OF A MILE. ROADS WILL BECOME
QUICKLY SNOW COVERED. AM CONSIDERING UPGRADING THE WARNING ACROSS
EASTERN PLYMOUTH AND BARNSTABLE COUNTIES. LATEST WEBCAMS SHOW
SNOW COVERED ROADS AND HVY SNOW FALL WITHIN THE BANDS. ALTHOUGH
HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY REPORTS...WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF OVER 6
INCHES WILL BE REPORTED BY MORNING

Archived