northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 21 - Inverted(Norlun) Trough

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.7" past 45 minutes with Heavy snow 1/4 mi.  One of the heaviest snowfall rates of the season on the first day of Spring.  Was 40 F and partly sunny at 5pm in Providence when I left work and headed into squalls on I-195 E after the State line w/ Mass.

Wow... impressive if those radar returns are dropping 2"/hr rates.

Cool to compare where snow is falling to this surface wind map

33ww2dw.png

is convergence best seen at surface, 925, 850?

radar returns seem to be correlating best with convergence at slightly higher levels than surface, 925-800

decent returns streaming from south, i think Boston could pull off 1-2, obviously better southeast MA

at present seems like the returns over Mansfield-Norwich CT are the ones that make it to Boston metro

is convergence best seen at surface, 925, 850?

radar returns seem to be correlating best with convergence at slightly higher levels than surface, 925-800

decent returns streaming from south, i think Boston could pull off 1-2, obviously better southeast MA

at present seems like the returns over Mansfield-Norwich CT are the ones that make it to Boston metro

I believe convergence at any level is good, if I understand what you are asking. I still think BOS metro sees a coating max, we shall see.

Archived