Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is a chance.  I think our larger subforum is screwed and that sucks!  I really want more of us to get in on the action.   Zak, myself and a few other extreme south fringe posters could still see double digits on the border.  A 10 mile shift here is titanic, and solid banding often sets up on the NW side of these type of systems.  I tell you that I love a KU etc, and no matter what happens almost no shot of that here.  Regardless a moderate to heavy event is still possible. Work closed in Baltimore so if I had my choice I would take sunny and 60 to enjoy the day.  Tough system to forecast but we will see what happens.   

IDK about all that. 2-4" in general looks good with isolated 6" amounts. 

Man look at that radar. This is going to be a beaut...12+ for sure.

...that's what my OBS were to be at this time according to the models 72 hours ago. Sigh.

8ºF this morning with a solid overcast and a nice stale glacier pack. Complete shut out. 

We actually had ~0.5" yesterday in Bellefonte on the existing snow cover, but not a flake to be seen anywhere else thanks to the March sun filtering through the clouds.  Low of 7° this morning and still hovering there.  I think we have an outside shot at -7° to -10° tomorrow morning if we can hold off any clouds until dawn.  CTP talking about readings around -20° around Bradford tomorrow...just incredible for March.

unfortunately the delayed arrival of the colder air will allow today's high to be 29-30 degrees for Harrisburg... record coldest high for today is 25.

My prediction for tonight is that cloud cover and some slight warming aloft combined with a light breeze at the surface tonight will prevent Harrisburg from falling below 9-10 degrees to just miss out on breaking record low

3/4".....i didn't look at my Therm., but the wind went right through me this morning. After this, i'm ready for the garden, mowing and ball. Watching the Pirates/Phils yesterday got me in the mood for fresh cut grass.

42" on the year for me. we todays 2 hour delay, this makes 19 days our school has delayed or closed. might be a record!

Archived