amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<resolved myself to read no more than 12 words from the GSP Discussion in the morn.

After that... I'm done w/ Winter.  Dammit, I really am!!!  Watch me. I'm serious.

<Ain't comin' back to AW until a Category 4 moves into Greenville late summer.  Or, ...

...nevermind.  

Okay, I'm an "addict", dammit.  When nobody's lookin'... I MIGHT be back.  Maybe.

Could someone please describe what the models are showing for the 28th thru the 4th of April? My family is headed to Kure Beach, NC for the kids Spring Break.

Thanks

I will in the pattern thread if you give me a sec!

West trend will begin soon. You can thank me when I get back on here about 12:30 after church. :D

Somehow the MA is looking at 2-4" as of last nights models, it's getting quite ridiculous the run they are on. It kind of reminds me of the run we had from 2000-2004, and we have sucked wind since. They will have to pay the piper eventually.

I hope we, everyone on the EC, super torches next winter. I want a snowless winter for all!

West trend will begin soon. You can thank me when I get back on here about 12:30 after church. :D

If everyone on this board went to church today and said an extra prayer for snow, I don't think it would be enough! MA will get some, Boston probably finds a way to get 20+ inches! On to the two day foliage killer!

Thanks!

Nevermind, I'll just answer you here...long range is pretty boring haha.

For 28th-4th of April for Wilmington:

28-30th looks good, tiny ridge builds on the EC. temps should be near normal or slightly above for the next few days following. April 1st-4th is hard to forecast, most models have a disturbance coming across the US and either going up near the lakes (Euro solution) or staying flat and going off the coast of NC, this would bring rain sometime in that time period (outside of the normal coastal showers). Temps should be around 70 and Mid 60's most of the time it appears for your vacation.

The GEM builds the western ridge high enough to really get this feature digging.

KlNYMPs.png

GFS also builds it somewhat, but is slower with the feature so it would be be at the end of your vacation before you see an impact.

AoiqrEt.png

Euro says what western ridge? and it really doesn't dig and keeps north in the lakes, residual precip out of the gulf would move through 4/04. I'd lean toward this solution

Jf1aUXZ.png

Thanks Jon! I appreciate the time you put into this. Have a great afternoon.

Nevermind, I'll just answer you here...long range is pretty boring haha.

For 28th-4th of April for Wilmington:

28-30th looks good, tiny ridge builds on the EC. temps should be near normal or slightly above for the next few days following. April 1st-4th is hard to forecast, most models have a disturbance coming across the US and either going up near the lakes (Euro solution) or staying flat and going off the coast of NC, this would bring rain sometime in that time period (outside of the normal coastal showers). Temps should be around 70 and Mid 60's most of the time it appears for your vacation.

The GEM builds the western ridge high enough to really get this feature digging.

KlNYMPs.png

GFS also builds it somewhat, but is slower with the feature so it would be be at the end of your vacation before you see an impact.

AoiqrEt.png

Euro says what western ridge? and it really doesn't dig and keeps north in the lakes, residual precip out of the gulf would move through 4/04. I'd lean toward this solution

Jf1aUXZ.png

A friend in Patrick Co VA just posted a photo on fb. They had a chance of light flurries today in the "higher elevations" and are already up to about an inch.

Yeah today was close but so far away. The BL temps and timing killed this one. Though its probably snowing about 5k feet above our heads. Temps drop off fast in elevation... temps probably mid 30s to 40 right now roughly 2500 feet up.

Somehow the MA is looking at 2-4" as of last nights models, it's getting quite ridiculous the run they are on. It kind of reminds me of the run we had from 2000-2004, and we have sucked wind since. They will have to pay the piper eventually.

I hope we, everyone on the EC, super torches next winter. I want a snowless winter for all!

Next winter is gonna be rockin!

You're crazy.

Still 50 hours out. While it might not be a big snow storm. There will be flakes flying from the Triad east towards Raleigh.

I won't disagree there as far as flakes. I'm just having a hard time seeing accumulating snow at this point.

---

Yes, Pack, it has been a great second half of winter. I really have no complaints. Hopefully, we can get some nice Miller As to track next year.

Archived