Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....the pinned winter thread has now been replaced with a spring thread, weenies are slowly going back into hibernation and there is talk of pollen, mosquito's and fishing......that can only mean one thing. Spring is here! :wub:  I can only hope the cad's will continue to bring cooler temps to break up the heat that will soon be here  ;)

Fine then... I'm going smash your windows and car up!!!

:lightning:

Nice!  I'm all-in!!!

Truthfully, I don't know the last time I saw legitimate hail.  I'm not sure I can remember any in the last decade.  We don't do severe weather well here in this part of NC.  Our most "exciting" thunderstorm activities are generally wind gusts that aren't always as impressive as hoped.  We did have a bit of a tornado outbreak around here a few years ago, though.

I remember experiencing a pretty wild hailstorm back at least 10+ years ago while on I-85 coming back to Greensboro from Charlotte.  We had to pull off and get under a gas station roof as it was getting pretty intense and windshields weren't safe.  I'm guessing that was probably around Concord, NC.

Nice!  I'm all-in!!!

Truthfully, I don't know the last time I saw legitimate hail.  I'm not sure I can remember any in the last decade.  We don't do severe weather well here in this part of NC.  Our most "exciting" thunderstorm activities are generally wind gusts that aren't always as impressive as hoped.  We did have a bit of a tornado outbreak around here a few years ago, though.

I remember experiencing a pretty wild hailstorm back probably 10+ years ago while on I-85 coming back to Greensboro from Charlotte.  We had to pull off and get under a gas station roof as it was getting pretty intense and windshields weren't safe.

The 2011 was good around here... I got a new roof out of it, I think I have some of the hail saved in my deep freezer. It sucks you can't really play in it, it'll beat you up pretty good or worse

:lol:

:P

One thing I really don't understand, and I mean this in all seriousness....they have instant replay in college basketball now when there's less than 2 minutes to play. In the games that I've watched, they end up getting the calls right about 50% of the time when they use replay. I don't understand what they're watching over there on the monitors. They must be looking at Youtubes or something because they cannot be watching the same replays that are being shown on my HD TV.

And it gets old, all the reviewing of the clock in the last minute. Fouls and timeouts take long enough. But they review the clock for like 5 minutes at a time, all the time.

One thing I really don't understand, and I mean this in all seriousness....they have instant replay in college basketball now when there's less than 2 minutes to play. In the games that I've watched, they end up getting the calls right about 50% of the time when they use replay. I don't understand what they're watching over there on the monitors. They must be looking at Youtubes or something because they cannot be watching the same replays that are being shown on my HD TV.

And it gets old, all the reviewing of the clock in the last minute. Fouls and timeouts take long enough. But they review the clock for like 5 minutes at a time, all the time.

Trying to make the game "error proof"......sigh

I really can't stand the last 2 minutes of a super close game,,,,,momentum is lost, transferred, found and a long drawn out chaos continues for another 20 minutes. After about 5 minutes I have used up all of my breathing techniques for meditating :lol: 

Trying to make the game "error proof"......sigh

I really can't stand the last 2 minutes of a super close game,,,,,momentum is lost, transferred, found and a long drawn out chaos continues for another 20 minutes. After about 5 minutes I have used up all of my breathing techniques for meditating :lol:

Haha! True. It takes too long!

Archived