Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never been to the swampfest but I am going this year! It's April 4th and 5th. I always hear the fireworks from the swampfest when it ends.

It looks slightly less hippy than Bele Chere here in Asheville.. but since Bele Chere is no more maybe I will have to take a trip to Waycross next week to get my festival on! 

Haven't seen him in a couple of months. Those peanuts are amazing though. Whenever he is there, I can just walk around there because he is right around the corner from me.

Looks like he retired because of new regulations enforced in Waycross.  At least that's what the video comments say haha.  I don't think anything in Waycross compares to a good ol' hippy drum circle in downtown Asheville every Friday night.  That's right, every Friday around 6 pm the humus and roll papers are set aside as 200 or more bathless bro's and gals converge on the city center with their bongos, triangles, maracas, and rain sticks to beat out the night.  It is a sight to see!  You might have to hold your breath to avoid the BO, but it is an experience for all!

:D I hope you get a chance to wear them soon. But we'll probably have a cool, damp spring. I am supposed to play golf on Saturday, but it looks like a wash-out. I have a new pitching wedge which replaces the one I broke, and it looks like I might not get to use it yet. :arrowhead:

Just curious, did the club break or did you break it? I know how golf can get!

I have started to break clubs on numerous occasions, but have never actually broken on. This one broke on its own.

So it kind of broke on its own. I was at the driving range, hitting off the grass. They had roped off the area where they wanted you to hit from, which is common at the range. I was a little too close to the front rope. I hit the ball and my follow through sent the head of the club into the rope at full speed. The club snapped back, but the force of the impact broke the shaft, just above the club head. I was hitting so close to the rope because that is where the good grass was. It's a pretty crappy driving range....cheap, but there isn't much good grass to hit off of. :)

So it kind of broke on its own. I was at the driving range, hitting off the grass. They had roped off the area where they wanted you to hit from, which is common at the range. I was a little too close to the front rope. I hit the ball and my follow through sent the head of the club into the rope at full speed. The club snapped back, but the force of the impact broke the shaft, just above the club head. I was hitting so close to the rope because that is where the good grass was. It's a pretty crappy driving range....cheap, but there isn't much good grass to hit off of. :)

Because the other golfers, Cletus, Bubba, Catfish and Cooter, knew, if you hit that close to the rope, you'll break your club.  Why aren't you as smart as Cletus, Bubba, Catfish and Cooter? 

Haha lost my 4 iron club head at a driving range also.  I hit too far behind the ball.  Luckily a week later they called me and had found the club head.  Needless to say I had it re-shafted and still use it!

Haha lost my 4 iron club head at a driving range also.  I hit too far behind the ball.  Luckily a week later they called me and had found the club head.  Needless to say I had it re-shafted and still use it!

One slipped out of my hands once and went about 50 yards.  I had to duck and run out to get it, avoiding all of the golf balls being fired in my direction.  I hold on tighter now.  Also, I can't hit with a 4 or below.  I use a Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Iron, etc. I have never been able to make good contact with a 4 or 3.  Don't know why.  I do ok with everything else.

One slipped out of my hands once and went about 50 yards.  I had to duck and run out to get it, avoiding all of the golf balls being fired in my direction.  I hold on tighter now.  Also, I can't hit with a 4 or below.  I use a Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Iron, etc. I have never been able to make good contact with a 4 or 3.  Don't know why.  I do ok with everything else.

Hahaha that's great!  Yeah, I am not so handy with mine either if you couldn't tell lol.  I find a 3 or 5 wood is much more effective if you have a little room to land your shot not to mention easier to make solid contact with.  Man you guys got me excited about getting out on the fairway with all this golf talk!

In that case you need to move the ropes before starting. You and your fellow Rangers will appreciate it.

Does anyone notice how the NAO is finally about to go negative looking at the teleconnections on CPC?! :lol: Couldn't get any kind of blocking this winter than it comes during April.

Don't worry. They'll be so much blocking next winter that no Southeastern basketball team will make the NCAA tournament because they won't be able to get a shot off at the rim without having it blocked.

Those are both reasons why no profit of any kind could ever save a failing business in Waycross.

Wow. :huh:

Bring Colt Ford to town businesses and the jail house will be popping. 

They were around here last weekend... but that was only a temporary shot in the arm for businesses if anybody famous comes around. 

But small towns like that and this its hard to enjoy one self with out the law breathing down your neck. Just like a couple to few years back when some big people from Borderline Records came to town--- Rita Rabbit and Mz Diamond. Half the Person County Sheriffs were at Mayo lake for Rockfest.

Does anyone notice how the NAO is finally about to go negative looking at the teleconnections on CPC?! :lol: Couldn't get any kind of blocking this winter than it comes during April.

A negative NAO has a totally different effect from about this time of year through the summer than it does in the winter.

I know. I'm just saying that we couldn't get one all winter and now it may finally go into the negative state when winter has ended.

Oh, well, the positive NAO worked out quite well here.

With that being said, I would like the return of Miller As.  I think the 3/6 Miller A was the only one we had this season and that one was a late bloomer with tons of temperature issues (ice storm here).

EDIT: Well, and 2/12-2/13.  I'm losing my mind, LOL.  Still, both storms had a lot of P-type issues.  I want an all-snow Miller A.  It's much less stressful.  Then I only have to worry about precip underperforming (which it inevitably will do).

It's amazing how the severe weather thread exploded from one tornado warned storm. I'm ready for some real severe weather and hurricane season.

I'm rooting hard for you to be able to experience a hurricane this season.  I'm thinking maybe a landfall around Brunswick or so heading NW so Waycross gets in the NW eye wall.  Cat 5 okay?

;)

I know some think he's a wack job but Kirk Melish has joined twitter.

@MellishMeterWSB

His real name was and maybe still is Kirk Melhuish. For advertising purposes, WSB started spelling it Mellish because it rhymes with hellish. "When the wx turns hellish, rely on Mellish.”

I'm pretty positive the hurricane will find some way to avoid my area so no need to worry about that. I would take a tropical storm fay redux. I bet that was a fun storm here. That name is on the list again this year lol.

With the expected moderate to strong El Nino, I'm expecting a relatively quiet hurricane season overall and nothing like 2013 in terms of # of NS. I don't think Metal needs to worry about a cat. 5 hitting nearby this season. ;)  With the sig. El Nino, I'd expect both above average shear in the tropics and drier than normal air/high levels of SAL/dust coming off of Africa from the Sahara. Possible analogs: 1982, 1997. However, June might very well be above average as tends to occur during oncoming El Nino. I'm guessing 1-2 storms then. My guess is that there would be one major storm to at least threaten the CONUS at some point during the season but no more than that.

Archived