• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Haley and I started dating at around the same time I joined this forum (at the time Eastern) it's been a fun 5 years! 

That's a good way to remember! haha. Congrats Burger!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ready for some tropical action. Last year was upsetting, disgusting, boring. I want another 2010 with lots of storms, but not that much impact on the US. 2008 was a very fun season. 2005 was too much!

What were you guys doing when Hurricane Ophelia was just sitting offshore forever in 2005 off the Carolina Coast?

Yeah, 2013 was depressing. Even the fish storms were pathetic. 2005 was a year on steroids, so many monstrous hurricanes and so many records shattered. 2004 is my favorite hurricane season to date. It started late, but once it got started, it started in a fury. I hope this season is fun and exciting to watch evolve. I enjoy tracking hurricanes a whole lot more than tracking tornadoes.

Also congrats on your engagement Burger!

Wxjordan brought up the Masters. I love to play and watch golf. Anybody remember the year it was so warm the azaleas were about to bloom a month before the Masters, and they were pouring ice around them to make them think it was cold and keep the blooms closed till the Masters

Yes, I remember when they did that, but I do not remember which year it was. It was a shame that the ice storm took down the Eisenhower Tree at 17! I actually took a picture of it when we went down there in 2010 for one of the practice rounds. It is the nicest golf course I have ever stepped foot on.

Wxjordan brought up the Masters. I love to play and watch golf. Anybody remember the year it was so warm the azaleas were about to bloom a month before the Masters, and they were pouring ice around them to make them think it was cold and keep the blooms closed till the Masters

Wow... That's a bit of trivia!  Curious if anyone can answer that!

BTW - I golf online... almost as expensive.

Mack's the all-around guy.  MODS - make him a Mod!

Actually, it was just two years ago when the azaleas bloomed early... http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/golf/story/2012-04-02/masters-azaleas-bloomed-to-early/53952540/1

It's not the first time this has happened, and if nothing else, it should put the rumors to rest that Augusta National packs ice on the azaleas to keep them from blooming until Masters week.

Wow... That's a bit of trivia! Curious if anyone can answer that!

BTW - I golf online... almost as expensive.

Mack's the all-around guy. MODS - make him a Mod!

Nah, I only know and consider a few things as hobbies: weather, fishing, golf , and gardening! Anytime those cross paths with weather, I usually doubly interested.! I am full of random knowledge, among other things! :)

2012 most likely where everyone was destroying records in March.

Yeah, 2013 was depressing. Even the fish storms were pathetic. 2005 was a year on steroids, so many monstrous hurricanes and so many records shattered. 2004 is my favorite hurricane season to date. It started late, but once it got started, it started in a fury. I hope this season is fun and exciting to watch evolve. I enjoy tracking hurricanes a whole lot more than tracking tornadoes.

Also congrats on your engagement Burger!

Agree. But the tropical cyclones I love the most are the ones that produce the tornadoes. Apparently this season is looking like an El Nino so yawn unless it pulls a 2004!

Archived