christians
    Newest Member
    christians
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I figured it wasn't .75"+ for SNE coast like I read a few posts back.. So a bit more than GFS but main thing is a big trend south, if this trend continues game over for CT

it's basically the 12z run from yesterday, just drier overall.  Jackpots are 8-9 inches instead of 10-15.   0z run last night was back north, so appears it's playing a game of back and forth here.

For all who are panicing, (myself included) lets sit back and at-least wait until 0z or even tomorrows 12z suite, before sounding the alarms. Last couple runs of the gfs especially and the euro have jumped north, too way south of the area. They still deliever a solid snow event, just not your 10-15" so step off the ledge and watch.

Thanks I figured it wasn't .75"+ for SNE coast like I read a few posts back.. So a bit more than GFS but main thing is a big trend south, if this trend continues game over for CT

Disconcerting to see the 2 biggies (Euro/GFS) move south on the 12z suite. We are probably now starting the zeroing in process on the eventual outcome with regards to precip amounts, but all the usual caveats still apply with regards to timeframe, southern stream disturbance, nothern stream interaction, etc. A 6-8" snowfall would be perfectly fine with me at this point  :sled: 

I rather be here now, then seeing models kissing us with the 850 and surface line

Very true and as we've gotten closer this year these storms more often than not have trended north to some degree. There should not be any widespread panic right now ladies and gents, take a breather it is one model suite out of how many?

Worst sign with this storm is upton calling for heavy accumulations Monday, you never see that, and this far out they usually are wrong

Upton s AFD this morning talked about accumulations of up to 8 inches to a shunt to rain mixing .

Think all bases were covered

Very true and as we've gotten closer this year these storms more often than not have trended north to some degree. There should not be any widespread panic right now ladies and gents, take a breather it is one model suite out of how many?

I'm glad to see the south shift on the GFS/Euro at 12z as well. We might be sitting in a good spot for this. We also have some breathing room if there's another north shift (I still think that's pretty likely-the 500mb pattern doesn't scream for an outcome that keeps SNE dry).

Worst sign with this storm is upton calling for heavy accumulations Monday, you never see that, and this far out they usually are wrong

I see you are a red tagger but think Upton usually provides the most accurate forecast. And in their AFD today they basically leave open the possibility of all solutions. From suppressed to more phasing to a weaker PV leading to rain. They are not committing to anyhing yet. I assume they will have a more defined forecast tonight. Maybe taking the idea of rain out of the discussion which is what I think they were leaning towards and what the trends today show at a minimum.

I see you are a red tagger but think Upton usually provides the most accurate forecast. And in their AFD today they basically leave open the possibility of all solutions. From suppressed to more phasing to a weaker PV leading to rain. They are not committing to anyhing yet. I assume they will have a more defined forecast tonight. Maybe taking the idea of rain out of the discussion which is what I think they were leaning towards and what the trends today show at a minimum.

Uptons first snowfall forecasts are usually way off, then they adjust. It's mostly because they throw out numbers earlier than most. What I'm saying is their forecast usually changes a lot by the time the storm starts, and with this I'm afraid their adjustment will be down. I haven't been happy with Uptons snowfall maps lately called for 2-4" Sunday/Monday got nothing, called for 1-2" Wednesday got nothing.. Now they are saying 8"+ possible but we all thought that at 10am so let's see

Uptons first snowfall forecasts are usually way off, then they adjust. It's mostly because they throw out numbers earlier than most. What I'm saying is their forecast usually changes a lot by the time the storm starts, and with this I'm afraid their adjustment will be down. I haven't been happy with Uptons snowfall maps lately called for 2-4" Sunday/Monday got nothing, called for 1-2" Wednesday got nothing.. Now they are saying 8"+ possible but we all thought that at 10am so let's see

What is uncle Paul thinking?

Archived