wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very quick meltdown ongoing. Would not be surprised to see green by Saturday.

Maybe in the spots where it's been blown thin by the wind. But even with temps in the mid to high 40s and maybe .5" of rain Friday, a few last couple of inches of icy snow may be hard to melt by Saturday.

That's the problem with dry snow-it blows and melts away like nothing.

It depends on how much sun we get and how solid of a refreeze we get tonight and Friday night. Thursday night with fog, above freezing temps, and rain will do it in. The refreeze is the big wildcard. UNV is forecasted to get to 24, if it clears out and the wind calms, Pennman and I might go into the teens. That will eliminate the dry snow factor because it will refreeze and become pretty solid. Black ice will also be a big problem tonight. 

If the 12z euro is right, we are in for really cold air and some snow chances starting next week. The storm at the end of the run looks amazing, but we all know this will change seveal more times.

Jamie I just saw your fantasy storm on the Euro at hr 240. Wow, too bad its 10 days out.

It's hilarious to me, I was joking around and there the damn thing is on the Euro. 

Wonder when the hype train leaves the station on that one. 

Very quick meltdown ongoing. Would not be surprised to see green by Saturday.

I doubt that, at least in my area the snowpack is VERY thick with about 2" of sleet and ice in there and a LOT of wet snow and frozen slush in the 20" snowpack.  It would probably take 3-4 days of 50 degrees and sun or a 50 degree 1" plus rainstorm to melt completely and I don't see either of those.  A few days in the 40's and one day near 50 and some light rain is not likely to do much except pack it down to 5" of mush that freezes solid come next week. 

Just heading back to Lanc. from seeing some clients in selinsgrove and Lewisburg and looked like a river rescue going on in Liverpool area north of Harrisburg. Copter going up n down river w crews on rt 15. Not good

Nut

Was it a Blackhawk? I saw one flying abnormally low while going across the Susquehanna on the turnpike about 10 mins ago.

I watched Weather World earlier and they had through March 19th winter wont end and they are looking for....wait for it and Jamie will like this.....a "crescendo" storm sometime in that period.

The setup we're looking at going forward practically dares Old Man Winter to one up himself at least one more time with a ridiculous storm. With air masses comparable to our January cold outbreaks progged to be on the playing field and the natural return of heat and moisture attempting to work it's way back into the southern US (being that we are coming up on March, after all)...I'd be surprised if we didn't see something big traverse the country the next couple weeks. 

Euro has one again tonight around D8-10, big coastal that hits PA (esp Sus Valley) pretty good but throttles I-95. 

Archived