wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20.9 degrees here in Carlisle shortly after midnight.  I haven't measured my depth but it has to be at least 12".  Skies here still mostly clear so maybe I get down to 20 or 19 before clouds stop the fall.  My area here in the valley is usually near the end of the line when freezing rain warms the surface temps.  My prediction is no more than a 5 degree rise in temps overnight with temp around 26 degrees at the start of the freezing rain.  We'll see how long I hold on to sub-freezing.  Any glaze that does form on top of the new snow is going to retard the melting process during the day tomorrow.

When the Euro comes out in an hour can someone comment on what the medium range is looking like?  I know we are supposed to go back into the icebox early next week.  I'm curious if the ensembles are still showing those 500 thickness values over us later next week?

Started out at 16º - now up to 17.2º with heavy precip only about 20 miles to the west. Not looking like a good situation here.

Good grief you guys are that cold kerplunk? I'm seeing reports even in the rain area of 20 to 21 degree temps.

Currently 14° in Bellefonte. Gonna be ugly for a little while this morning it appears.

Archived