CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this event isn't going to be as bad as earlier thought. If it was a clipper than it would of over performed. That seems to be the theme of this year. Yesterday's clipper dumped 2.5" back home. Bringing seasonal total up to 70.9".  

Like I mentioned a bit ago, the track of the low being northwest of PA isn't an ideal one to get a nice prolonged shot of snow. Our widespread advisory event we had on Friday night featured the low dropping under PA enroute to blossoming once to the coast, thus maintaining a swath of snow across the state. After that first burst gets through the Sus Valley, they might not get much of the second round behind it and thus I'm a bit concerned they might not reach advisory totals.

Yep that looks like what we have about 3/4"...so hard to tell though the way it was blowing around here....im on top of hill so its pretty windy up here at times

Are you on the east or west side of the railroad tracks....im just north of Altoona in Logan township.

Like I mentioned a bit ago, the track of the low being northwest of PA isn't an ideal one to get a nice prolonged shot of snow. Our widespread advisory event we had on Friday night featured the low dropping under PA enroute to blossoming once to the coast, thus maintaining a swath of snow across the state. After that first burst gets through the Sus Valley, they might not get much of the second round behind it and thus I'm a bit concerned they might not reach advisory totals.

Agree. I was just shocked at how different the radar was over Western and Central Ohio several hours ago.  

Archived