joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True central fellas, noticed the nam is trying to fire the secondary sooner stealing some of your precip. Something to watch, but it is the nam.

Yes,from I-81 east it looks like it's getting wetter, qpf-wise. NAM is .4 to .5 here and east. Sorry, I know this is a winter board, and sometimes I troll, but I really don't want this one. I wish the best qpf was back in true central for you guys who DO want snow. I'd gladly sit on the sidelines for this one.

UNV qpf in the last five runs of the NAM:

2/16 12Z: .24

2/16 18Z: .21

2/17 0Z: .27

2/17 6Z: .24

2/17 12Z: .25

Yeah, I wouldn't be concerned about a lack of moisture; there's good transport from the Gulf up towards PA along isentropic surfaces. As a result, PWAT values get close to 0.5 inches. The forcing will be OK but fairly transient. We get into a weakening frontogenetic circulation Tuesday morning in the left exit region of the subtropical jet as it moves over the mid-atlantic.

Yes,from I-81 east it looks like it's getting wetter, qpf-wise. NAM is .4 to .5 here and east. Sorry, I know this is a winter board, and sometimes I troll, but I really don't want this one. I wish the best qpf was back in true central for you guys who DO want snow. I'd gladly sit on the sidelines for this one.

Plenty of room on the bench for you......many of us arent done yet....sorry your job sucks in the snow...but it affects all of us in one way or another....still want more.

Nut

Yeah, I'd take the 3-5 to MAG and I (I-99 corridor) and I think 2-3's good for UNV. Really, at this point if UNV manages to eek out 4 would anyone notice?

I just cleaned off my car yesterday, so yeah, I'd notice! :thumbsup::P

Also, if I'm not mistaken, ratios could be decent with this (12:1?), so 0.25-0.3 qpf could equate to 3-4 inches.

I just cleaned off my car yesterday, so yeah, I'd notice! :thumbsup::P

Also, if I'm not mistaken, ratios could be decent with this (12:1?), so 0.25-0.3 qpf could equate to 3-4 inches.

Depending on how long we are in the main band. Otherwise, ratios will probably be around climo.

My car is still buried under 10-12" of snow...

Depending on how long we are in the main band. Otherwise, ratios will probably be around climo.

My car is still buried under 10-12" of snow...

Fair enough.

And yeah, un-burying my car was definitely a process. Took about 20 minutes. The front was buried up to the hood in a drift.

I am having a serious albedo effect on my outdoor temperature sensor... it is not in direct sunlight but the sun reflecting off of the snow has it currently reading 47 degrees... it feels warm out but not nearly that warm lol

I'm having the same issue with mine during the afternoon. Reflects off a large snow pile a few feet away. Had a reading of 42° the other day while icicles were actively forming.

CTP updated the snowfall map...pushes the 4-6" area farther into Centre County. 6hr snowfall maps total 5.8" for State College. I think 4-5" might be a good average across the county. Hopefully a solid event to really push some of the general public over the edge WRT snow and cold this winter.

Saturdays storm had neighbors helping out. One guy had the biggest snow thrower I have ever seen. He was going through the plow piles and tossing that over the side of the road. Another one had a quad and widened our road. The biggest problem is the  snow days the schools have had. The school districts are hoping for state relief for the 180days required. The last time this happened was about 10years ago.

Clear cold day, near 20 right now.

I'm having the same issue with mine during the afternoon. Reflects off a large snow pile a few feet away. Had a reading of 42° the other day while icicles were actively forming.

CTP updated the snowfall map...pushes the 4-6" area farther into Centre County. 6hr snowfall maps total 5.8" for State College. I think 4-5" might be a good average across the county. Hopefully a solid event to really push some of the general public over the edge WRT snow and cold this winter.

:drunk:  :thumbsup:

:drunk:  :thumbsup:

Two particular meteorologists at AccuWx not exactly known for either hype nor love of cold/snow are pretty bullish this morning about a snowstorm next week, Paul Pastelok and Joe Lundberg.

Archived