joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15 Clipper Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like one last final push westward with that epic band over the mid cape. Radar starting to backfill just a bit along pym county and I'm on the western flank of that hanging on to decent rates.

I noticed that actually. And it's slowing the back edge it seems a little. Becoming north south oriented almost. Even if we hang on to crappy snow for 2-3 more hours 1-2 more is attainable

5" Here.

Still snowing but I doubt much more will come from it for me.

Pretty happy with this one.

it looks unreal out here tonight, in the shed after final cleanup, just taking it all in, the silky waves of the yard, the snow blowing off the roof into the floodlights, just me and the snow and the wind, not another sound in the world

Got close to 4" in ORH now...RGEM I think had about an inch. A blend of the bearish and bullish models seems to be verifying best...the RPM from this morning might actually end up quite close...there was a little sucker hole for a while near Rt 128 that prob will make them end up low, but otherwise I think that run will verify pretty closely. It had a tight cutoff near BOS too...we'll see what they officially end up with.

I haven't really looked at anything closely...was out snow shoing all afternoon and didn;t get back to a real computer until now. My guess just looking at radar is the mid-level centers probably ended up more elongated than the good solutions. But there's a lot of messcale stuff that can affect this...out west (like W of 495), the event didn't perform too bad vs expectations, but it seems like your area struggled.

Yup, right over me.

Those have found me a lot over the past several years.

Still snowing at a decent clip here 6 miles west. My guess is they'll tickle 7.

agree... and assuming Logan does better than we do, Harv was not so off in the end... NWS came down from 10-14" and finally got it right.

things actually looked pretty decent when rates were intermittently heavy around 6pm... just never materialized as progged, a combination at least of a track too far east and relatively sparse moisture / ocean enhancement to work with

for Boston, literally a 10 mile tick east made a huge difference with this storm

meanwhile... long live King James:

Box 1115 PM update...

very heavy snow band over Cape Cod with reports of thunder snow

in this band. Given intensity of the reflectivity seen on radar

probably looking at 2-3"/hour rates. Hrrr moves this band

offshore by 06z so expect the heavy snow will gradually push east

of the cape during next 2-3 hours with snow rates diminishing. 

Yup, right over me.

I was in sucker holes in NJ in the winters leading up to boxing day. when philly was getting 2 footers every time you turned around, I got shafted. felt like I couldn't catch a break. then came boxing day and the naked overnight band. so eventually, you unplug the toaster and streak down the street at midnight.

Yup, right over me.

Yeah you can't seem to buy a jackpot or mini-enhancement zone recently. But they'll come...climo finds a way eventually. It definitely can suck though when you roll snake eyes a few more times than you should though.

agree... and assuming Logan does better than we do, Harv was not so off in the end... NWS came down from 10-14" and finally got it right.

things actually looked pretty decent when rates were intermittently heavy around 6pm... just never materialized as progged, a combination at least of a track too far east and relatively sparse moisture / ocean enhancement to work with

for Boston, literally a 10 mile tick east made a huge difference with this storm

meanwhile... long live King James:

attachicon.gifRadar_11pm.PNG

Box 1115 PM update...

very heavy snow band over Cape Cod with reports of thunder snow

in this band. Given intensity of the reflectivity seen on radar

probably looking at 2-3"/hour rates. Hrrr moves this band

offshore by 06z so expect the heavy snow will gradually push east

of the cape during next 2-3 hours with snow rates diminishing.

We're probably close to 6 and there's at least 0.5 water in it. Best mid February pack for durability in a long time. Cmc is very bullish on Tuesday and ukmet even moreso. Quite the winter we have this year.

Archived