joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15 Clipper Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mesos that jumped seem to be pretty far off already (22 and 23z). I'm betting the 0z RAP looks better than it's predecessors.

Radar shows the nice boost punching in from the SW which should help liven things up.

Yeah that band is on the move, whether it makes it her or not TBD.

I believe the image bob posted a while back of the hrrr total snow showed 6 inches here. I'm already at that, so that is painfully wrong lol.

It's actually pretty amazing the waffling were seeing in short range guidance when the event is on going on top of us.

I'm having a hard time getting a handle on this one

Its been apparent since bout 530ish imo.

Dud, fail, whatever....all I know is that Messenger essentially got drilled for being right...again.

I like messenger but the reason he gets drilled is the style of hitting yu over the head with evidence every 13 seconds. I think it annoys a lot of folks. Point counterpoint. Each side should let it go. Scooter put it succinctly in the statement "we'll agree to disagree". So I think people often bring stuff upon themselves by their style fair or not.

Like I said, I've known messenger for over 10 years, am one of the few who have met him face to face..good guy. But online everyone has a certain persona.

He's confident in what he's got. Man stuff

lol, nice response.

I guess I could see the not measuring as taking some of the "mine's bigger than yours" stress and crap out of a storm.  Worrying because you're 0.7" behind your neighbor or whatever.  Usually can enjoy it more when its snowing if you just watch it snow without worrying about where you are at right now for totals and what the forecast has and will you get there, will you be in a screw zone, etc. 

How can you be a snow weenie and not measure?!

Because measurements are fraught with error. And the latticework above my deck would depress totals...lol. And also, I like to go out in it. Give me snow that's deep and fresh but not necessarily tied to a number and I'm happy. My typical threshold for that is 6 inches.

Archived