Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15 Clipper Obs

HoarfrostHubb

Good stuff OceanStWx, Coastal, PV.

OceanStWx, the gap between the Green spot and the Blue spot is critical. I think the Green dot was actually pretty well progged (ie., we thought maybe the Green dot would shift further east due to convection off Hatteras, but it didn't). The track looked pretty good until somewhere closer to the Blue dot when it started slipping more east of a BM track. Just from SPC mesoanalysis, I think this was around 6pm last night that the track started looking shaky, but I can't remember for sure.

CoastalWx: The interaction with the shortwave in Quebec is something I was harping on yesterday and this morning... I wonder if a stronger ULL over Quebec would keep our storm tucked closer to the coast.

Anyways, I'm out.

Bottomline every single one of us was hoping this would be bigger. We wouldn't be so cranky if this busted high.

I meant no disrespect to anyone with my posts, and none of my posts should be misconstrued as such.

And as for weenie / knee-jerk / go to bed with false hopes... Look back at my posts prior to the Thursday storm... I was well on the "this is gonna bust" train, even when NWS still had Boston metro with 6-8"

My goal is accuracy and learning, and disagreements are a healthy part of that.

Keep in mind there is 5 hours between those two positions, a little longer than the previous center locations. I had to do it this way because as the low center skipped northeast, it became harder to determine which center was really dominant at the time.

I think if the 20z (green) position had tucked a little more north we would have been in good shape farther NW, but instead it drifted east and the tuck happened outside the benchmark.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very high impact traffic storm here yesterday. Had non accumulating snow from noon to 2, snow intensity increased, temp dropped from 35 to 31, visibility under 1/8 to mile, multiple accidents, cf worker took 4.5 hrs to get home. I saw a dozen cats off the road. White knuckle commute.

post-1816-0-54140400-1392567224_thumb.jp

The pwat theory is bogus IMHO. The reasons for the forecast errors are evident from the positioning of the system. Everything here was pedestrian including the wind. Cape got hit hard but even there it did not meet the hype of this system.

wind max being relative to LP placement. Could have been a contendah with blocking, as it is wind whipped blowing snow here. I guess the hype was worse there as around here peeps were surprised by the intensity of the snow.

Nice pics, and excellent decision on the hemlocks!

Yup.  The few weeks of protection that we don't get now from the western sun in August was well worth deleting those eyesores

Beautiful Garth

Thanks, dude.

Nice crib. Is that a reproduction or an historic home with a newer wing?

1780 main house and the part in back is somtime in the 1800's.

Eitherway it is an oil guzzler.

Roof raking this season FTL in order to prevent major ice daming. Been out there at least 5 times in the norhwest flat roof.

Archived