joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great animated loop of the storm. I forgot to do this earlier so I missed the incoming part but the radar loop is something to behold. Grab a copy here:

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/scripts/gif.php?file=LWX-N0Q-200-20140213.1921

I grabbed a loop a few hours ago that shows some of the incoming part - let me know if you wanna snag that one too.

I grabbed a loop a few hours ago that shows some of the incoming part - let me know if you wanna snag that one too.

Do you have the link? I'll pull it off the site. They are available for 3 days. 

Thanks!

Thanks for this. How optimistic are you about this afternoon? It looks like the radar south is trying to fill in even before the Richmond band. Should be a fun afternoon.

Hard to say. My temps kinda suck @ 36 and I'm on the nw edge of the best dynamics. I'm optimistic in getting mod and maybe heavy snow. The convective nature and instability makes it awful tough to pick a winner. Someone nearby is going to have some fun. 

Independent Hill, VA PWC, sleet shower came through and dropped the temp from 34.5 down to 33.3. Now back to drizzlefest 2014. I don't think we'll have a problem cooling down to manageable temps that will support accumulations, especially losing that big solar thingy in a few hours.

35.8 here in Crystal City (across from DCA)

Winds switched from the SW/SE to the NW and the temperature dropped 1 degree in 20 minutes. 

Hopefully by the time the ULL gets here the Low pressure center will have pulled far enough away to the NNE that the winds will stay from the NW.  

I noticed that seems to be making all the difference in the world between snow in Roanoke, Charlotte, and Raleigh...and the rain occurring around the Richmond area.

Archived