joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't your snow compacting/melting at a fast rate too? This amount of rain and clouds/fog/moisture plus above-freezing temps will wreak the snow pack resulting in a net loss from last night. And those mid-level centers are pumping in screaming SE winds for the area. I would not be shocked to see a 85% reduction in snow pack by the time tomorrow morning comes around.

I have 22". Its not going anywhere.

I just think you pull the energy N and whatever fills in , comes with no real lift .

Well my point is just that there needs to be something to trigger precip filling back in. The stuff over EPA should begin to pivot to the NE as things start lifting out. That dry slot should begin to fill in and people should still expect this to produce backend snows (though not on the order of the 12 plus that the HRRR was showing lol)

Had quite a downpour at Rutgers...puddles everywhere. Very depressing with all the snow we had melting and turning to slush...I'm starting to appreciate the very cold all snow events we had in January much more now.

Def agree with you on that one. The fact that we snowed 3 times(?) with temps in the teens this year is amazing. Great winter

One of the weirdest storms I've experienced.  We still don't know if we'll get much snow here from the back end... yes always difficult to forecast that but damn this storm has been something else.   Enjoying it for sure, even though the snow is suffering out there.

Archived