• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

That's a complaint to you?  It was a pedestrian storm for most of SNE.  That is an objective analysis, no complaints.

Getting 11" and posting that you got the short end of the stick for 1,000th time and comparing your snow total to places 70 miles away when other places equally as far only had an inch, yeah, I'd call that complaining.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the problem. We've been spoiled in the past decade plus. Winter isn't an endless string of 6-12+.

Exactly! I will remember this storm not for the snowfall total, but for the absolutely insane snowfall rates for two hours last evening when I was driving home from Portland. Visibility, at best, was 50 feet most of the time. It took 3 hours to travel from west Portland to my home in south end Bath. Those snowfall rates where exquiste, and nearly brough a tear to my eye.

Getting 11" and posting that you got the short end of the stick for 1,000th time and comparing your snow total to places 70 miles away when other places equally as far only had an inch, yeah, I'd call that complaining.

Alright, I wouldn't but whatever.  Perception differences.   :D

2" of sleet is pretty wild.   Did you get thunder/lightning?

Yeah we did have one rumble and saw a few flashes in the direction of your 'hood.  Noticed you all had the better of the t-storms, too..oops I'm complaining now by pointing that out.   ;)

Alright, I wouldn't but whatever.  Perception differences.   :D

Yeah we did have one rumble and saw a few flashes in the direction of your 'hood.  Noticed you all had the better of the t-storms, too..oops I'm complaining now by pointing that out.   ;)

You crushed me in the sleet department... consolation prize

Won't hear me complaining 1 bit.   I like storms that require me to snowblow more than 1 time :thumbsup:

Well I know you won't be taking any nosedives off the nearest overpass because you had a little taint to go along with your double digit snowfall.

We've really only had 3 duds for winters since 2000, and 5 well above normal (on pace for 6). How quickly people forget how bad it can be.

Exactly! I will remember this storm not for the snowfall total, but for the absolutely insane snowfall rates for two hours last evening when I was driving home from Portland. Visibility, at best, was 50 feet most of the time. It took 3 hours to travel from west Portland to my home in south end Bath. Those snowfall rates where exquiste, and nearly brough a tear to my eye.

Just dumped late afternoon around here. I went out for a pizza around 6, nearly couldn't make it from Old Port to East Deering. You know it's snowing hard when it's accumulating on the windshield between wiper passes.

if the wealth had been more spread out this season and i was at 70 or better for the season i probably wouldnt feel that way....and 999 out of 1000 times its the truth....point taken and noted...i remember the 80sand early 90s very well and if my memory serves me correct there were a handful of events that clobbered the cape and a few that really delivered the goods well to the nw but overall they were lousy for all and thus the wealth was more evenly distributed

This is the problem. We've been spoiled in the past decade plus. Winter isn't an endless string of 6-12+.

The whining on these boards if another 1979-1992 stretch comes along for snowfall would be biblical. We'd probably get all sorts of "we're in a new snowless climate now!!@@!!2" posts too to go with it too. Kind of an extreme version of when March somehow became a snowless month because of two warm occurances in 3 seasons.

Shovel off the roof above the garage and add another couple feet to your snow banks!

There is so much ice in that snowpack now..Sleet last week and then good zr and sleet last night toped off with snow. You can see the pine branches sagging like an old set from the ice last nite. Finally got our cable, phone and internet lines back

The whining on these boards if another 1979-1992 stretch comes along for snowfall would be biblical. We'd probably get all sorts of "we're in a new snowless climate now!!@@!!2" posts too to go with it too. Kind of an extreme version of when March somehow became a snowless month because of two warm occurances in 3 seasons.

I don't know whether we'd have an AmericanWx full of complaint threads or crickets as everyone boards up the windows and waits for spring.

I don't know whether we'd have an AmericanWx full of complaint threads or crickets as everyone boards up the windows and waits for spring.

Probably a combo...but then after a few years, we'd be in storm mode on the board for a 3-6" event :lol: ....like in the late 80s and early 90s when a 3-6" event was big. People lowered their guard on snow by that point...we all remember the stories of our parents telling us how we "don't get the big ones like we used to" anymore. The days of big blizzards like 1978, 1969, 1966, 1961, etc were gone.

We'll be the ones sounding like that to the youngins when our next crappy snowfall decade comes along.

Well that may be..but the sand was nasty..and then you had to wait till they came to sweep it up in like June. You'd have to rake it off your lawn..the carpets in cars were ruined..It was awful

The sand they put down here is from a sand pit 1/2 mile from my house. Just re-distributing it.  But yeah, the area near my street is nasty in April/May

Archived