• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part IV

You know, I felt optimistic for UNV area before, but now...I don't know. Something doesn't feel right...especially with how the short-term models are looking.

I can't ever remember a time when the models this close to the event seem to be having such issues with how the storm will evolve.  What it seems to come down to is issues with how the storm occludes and we are in the very tricky area where the storm goes through a redevelopment phase.  The euro keeps the precip together  better and then blows up the deform over us...a lot of the other models have PA in a dead space where the WAA driven precip dies just south of us, and then the CCB gets going again to our northeast.  Just have to hope the Euro has locked on and is right.  We will know in 24 hours.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loooooots of places have already cancelled work for tomorrow. I fully expect the state to issue it's statement by 6 a.m.

That map up there - that has the look of an I-81 special.

I have never missed a day of work because of weather, I may say screw it tomorrow. I really think we'll be  inch an hour in the morning 

Thing everyone needs to understand, there's going to be an initial push of precip then a lull...the deform bands don't come until afternoon.

you are assuming the deform bands will come...a lot of the models never get it done...they swing the deform over us but without any real good bands.  I dont buy it but you cant ignore the chance.

you are assuming the deform bands will come...a lot of the models never get it done...they swing the deform over us but without any real good bands. I dont buy it but you cant ignore the chance.

We have so many hours of upfront slug snow and trends have been set the deform band right in. C PA might have a lull this will be a special storm.

you are assuming the deform bands will come...a lot of the models never get it done...they swing the deform over us but without any real good bands.  I dont buy it but you cant ignore the chance.

Oh sure. This is a classic Central PA coinflip. I've seen these produce, I've seen them fail. This reminds me a great deal of 2/9-10/10 with all this deform band talk. I got under one and picked up 8", while UNV got like 3. Might be dumb luck.

Hey MAG, you remember that?

Oh sure. This is a classic Central PA coinflip. I've seen these produce, I've seen them fail. This reminds me a great deal of 2/9-10/10 with all this deform band talk. I got under one and picked up 8", while UNV got like 3. Might be dumb luck.

I remember that. Back home we had 13.5" due to the band. I remember watching it snow here and the radar looked better than it was snowing.

Yep haha, I was leaving class up at University Park and going home thinking it was just gonna end up a run of the mill 4-5 incher and drove into it getting back into Bellwood. Ended up with a foot. 

But yea it's definitely a coin flip, wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with 3" and wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with 10". I want to see what this initial push of precip has and how far nw it gets.  

Archived