Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 12-13 Storm: Title TBD

stormtracker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

joe bastardi thinks the storm will end up a bit more west like the euro showed last night

That guy would make it snow in summer in a thunderstorm if he could... or at least mention it! LOL! I think it will trend back a bit west too, but this could signal that the NAM over corrected last night and is now adjusting to the means of the rest,,, I HOPE it goes west. I seem to remember a history of models over correcting and then finally adjusting back.. you hope this is not the start of a trend south and east! One model is not a trend, but GFS and CMC have had a little more easterly component than the NAM and EURO, until this run.

verbatim, barely all snow for DC (looked at soundings), but likely too far east per its bias

The model spew is closing.. and it's all pretty decent.  I'm not too worried about mixing if we get decent snow to go with it.  

Pretty close to closing off though. Nice run and good to see all of the modeling come together.

yeah it seems to be showing a slightly different interaction with a shortwave rotating around the vortex in central Canada which seems to be suppressing heights over the NE and keeping the wave more progressive -- whereas the Euro takes on a negative tilt much earlier (in contrast to the GFS staying much more progressive) 

Archived