christians
    Newest Member
    christians
Sun-Mon Feb 9-10 Inverted Storm Potential

cja1987

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now it looks like a pretty intense band forms out over the water late tonight and swings down mainly missing....we get some snow showers and as the system develops a nice band of snow forms and missed mainly to the south.

Little nip and tuck and hopefully things can improve.

The hi resolution NAM model hits Cape Cod and Nantucket with the snow band tonight.

The main vort that drops the heavy precip on the GFS doesn't come through until 36+ hours, the radar you're seeing now is from a different vort. 

Agree. Just wondering if the more saturated environment will yield a somewhat better result when the more powerful(?) feature comes through later tomorrow. Just grasping at straws, I know, but this winter has wanted to overperform all winter imby so we will see.

I'll go C-1" with a spot 2".

Just looked things over for the first time and that's exactly what I did with the map I just made!

We're lucky there is some pretty decent lift with this, especially from the >125kt 300mb jet streak in which we are in the left exit region.  Not much moisture associated with this and the column will be somewhat dry but the lift will really work to squeeze out whatever the atmosphere has.  This is what I came up with:

post-443-0-57957100-1391902514_thumb.jpg

I was a bit shocked at some of the 3'' ranges out there...I saw alot of 1-3'' forecasts but when I looking at bufkit the atmosphere was quite dry. Not a whole ton of moisture available here.

most places will get at least an inch and many will have 2. Tomorrow night is when most of it will fall as the vorticity moves right overhead. This is a classic example of not basing ideas off Qpf output

most places will get at least an inch and many will have 2. Tomorrow night is when most of it will fall as the vorticity moves right overhead. This is a classic example of not basing ideas off Qpf output

The atmosphere is bone dry...alot of precipitation is going to end up evaporating...the column really never becomes all that moist.  

Very strong lift is the savior here for any snow

The atmosphere is bone dry...alot of precipitation is going to end up evaporating...the column really never becomes all that moist.

Very strong lift is the savior here for any snow

snow shouldn't have any trouble starting once radar fills in late tomorrow afternoon. Could even see moderate bursts from time to time tomorrow nite

I think tomorrow will have sucker holes too.

Yeah it's not a defined precipitation shield we will be dealing with.  

More like scattered snow showers/squalls with intensity ranging from like light to perhaps moderate.  

Maybe like broken band like...not sure how to describe it. 

snow shouldn't have any trouble starting once radar fills in late tomorrow afternoon. Could even see moderate bursts from time to time tomorrow nite

I don't disagree with your last part.  

I just don't think we are looking at a precip shield...more broken areas of precip and moisture is lacking

I don't disagree with your last part.

I just don't think we are looking at a precip shield...more broken areas of precip and moisture is lacking

It would seem we would see a solid shield of snow move in from Pa and NY state late afternoon/ early evening . Mostly light with embedded bursts and if you're lucky to get under those bursts you see 2 or 3 inches

Archived