Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Sun-Mon Feb 9-10 Inverted Storm Potential

cja1987

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well 09z SREFs not backing away.

GFS may be overdone, I guess we finf out today, eh.

This system is panning out sort of how I envisioned it.

Lead s/w that passed S out us got out of the way so we can allow this follow-up system to sharper/dig enough.

Nothing spectacular. C-2" would still be my call.

If you look at the SREF plumes for BDL and BOS... by far the best "clustering" is around 0.05" of QPF. The mean is being skewed by some wild ARW members. 

There are some out of control members..lol. I still have some doubts with this, but I guess we'll see if the GFS holds. Maybe a 1-2 deal?

This sounds sort of silly but it's weird seeing the GFS blowing the low up like that and not the NAM. Odd for a global to be so bullish on a setup like that and not one of our non-hydrostatic :weenie: models. 

I said the same thing. I would expect the NAM to do this, not the GFS and its ensembles.

I'll bet the GFS backs off in the next run or two.

An inch or two seems ok though...I would be surprised if this came all the way back as a widespread solid advisory event so close in as I had said last night, but I hope I'm wrong and the GFS/SREF are leading the way. Usually though its kind of a red flag to see the Euro and even a weenie model like the NAM pretty tame. RGEM isn't bad, but not like the GFS.

If you look at the SREF plumes for BDL and BOS... by far the best "clustering" is around 0.05" of QPF. The mean is being skewed by some wild ARW members.

03z had the main cluster of 2-3.5" snow for IJD, 09z looks like what you described for BDL, main cluster around 1". Maybe not a huge difference but it's hard to consider them reliable with respect to that level of detail.

I'll bet the GFS backs off in the next run or two.

An inch or two seems ok though...I would be surprised if this came all the way back as a widespread solid advisory event so close in as I had said last night, but I hope I'm wrong and the GFS/SREF are leading the way. Usually though its kind of a red flag to see the Euro and even a weenie model like the NAM pretty tame. RGEM isn't bad, but not like the GFS.

GFS typically overdoes things.

NAM and others show some precip working down from the north along the coast as the "larger" system moves in so in banding it could still get interesting.

RGEM still looks reasonable for an inch or two. Also, will have to see if a convergence band tomorrow clips Cape Ann or parts of the MA coastline. It's modeled offshore as of now..but might sneak into some cstl communities..perhaps on the north shore.

Yeah I posted this in the wrong thread.  RGEM was a step better than the 0z IMO.

"

RGEM came in pretty juicy.  Has that same bullseye that is going to try to work down the shoreline as the moisture from the SW moves in.  Regionwide precip."

They all hint at that max zone sliding down the coast.  I like the RGEM trend.  This will be a tight squeeze although I still think the GFS backs down a bit to consensus.

1-2" but there's the potential for more.

Yeah I posted this in the wrong thread.  RGEM was a step better than the 0z IMO.

"

RGEM came in pretty juicy.  Has that same bullseye that is going to try to work down the shoreline as the moisture from the SW moves in.  Regionwide precip."

They all hint at that max zone sliding down the coast.  I like the RGEM trend.  This will be a tight squeeze although I still think the GFS backs down a bit to consensus.

1-2" but there's the potential for more.

I'm pretty sure the GFS backs off.

Archived