• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014 Part II

4k PPL customers without power in Lancaster county. 665 in York.

York is up to 17k with Met-ed (10% of the met-ed customers in York) while 50% of met-ed customers (1k) in Lancaster are experiencing an outage.

We've got some ice here but I don't feel like going out in the rain to measure. Roads are covered in slush. Not even going to attempt to drive to work today, ice isn't really something that cautious driving can counteract.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

York is up to 17k with Met-ed (10% of the met-ed customers in York) while 50% of met-ed customers (1k) in Lancaster are experiencing an outage.

I imagine those numbers will increase north of those areas as places like Harrisburg that were in heavy sleet for a long time have been a light rain now for quite some time over the past hour

I did see PSU issued a delay until 10 am... that's when you know things are messy lol

We've got some ice here but I don't feel like going out in the rain to measure. Roads are covered in slush. Not even going to attempt to drive to work today, ice isn't really something that cautious driving can counteract.

25k In york now. over 32k for met-ed

I imagine those numbers will increase north of those areas as places like Harrisburg that were in heavy sleet for a long time have been a light rain now for quite some time over the past hour

I did see PSU issued a delay until 10 am... that's when you know things are messy lol

You know it's bad when Penn State cancels classes.

I got a text from them yesterday regarding cancelled morning classes but it's not being reported on WGAL and it's not on the PSU HBG website. Weird.

It won't.  Progressive systems such as this with marginal air masses don't produce big ice storms.  Doubtful any of the population centers get more than 0.25".  Power outages won't be a big deal either, as it should be just wires down and not major infrastructure damage like poles, substations and transformers.  And before people go and steam roll me for downplaying this event, chill out.  I've been on conference calls all day and the general thinking is that this isn't a once-in-a-lifetime, save-the-children ice storm.  Just a pain in the neck.

1655877_10152300594307009_327973377_n.jp

:bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:  :bag:

DAM!!!!!!!! Just had a pine come down and take my power line out in the back yard. Still have power but the line is on the ground.

Met-Ed is on the way. Hope they don't take too long considering that the tree is collecting more weight on it from the ice and am afraid it will pull the line completely out giving me a live wire in the yard. Have had problems with those pines in the past during even minor storms and have tried to convince my wife to let me cut them down. I guess one positive from all of this is maybe now she will let me. :)

Light sleet right now with about 4.5" of very dense snow/sleet from this storm.

Still all snow here...I imagine I have 10-15 more minutes before more pingers arrive, then the rest of the precip to the SW will probably be sleet and some freezing drizzle. Still hanging on at 22°...thought we'd be a little warmer by now.

Archived