Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014 Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31.1 here. I have power for now. Ice is so thick there are ruts in the road. Trying to figure out when to leave for work.

My dad apparently felt like going for a drive in that mess down in Lebanon County...he got to work a bit ago and said roads are horrendous. Saw a few transformer flashes on the way.

Light sleet and some mangled flakes here now, a fresh inch of snow since I cleared my "snow board" (top of my RAV4) around 5AM.

Numerous power flashes while taking the dogs out. Very eerie feeling. Sidewalks/roads are slushy, which is good for traveling. But the trees have big time ice on them and I've heard 3 big trees come down in the farm next door. I'm located just outside of Lancaster, and measured just over 0.30" of accretion. Worried about the lighter returns to our west and hoping temps bump above freezing!

Edit: Fortunately, I still have power. Flickering at times though.

change over just happened here. Looks like 8 inches of snow. I'll post picts later. The dog didn't want to go into the snow. IT was up to his neck.

Wife (SWMBO) will not let me out to take picts or even clear snow. I had major spinal surgery almost two weeks ago.

Back to bed for a while.

Light sleet and freezing rain in Bellefonte. Still at 23°.  This should be the last of the steady precip...maybe some light sleet and freezing drizzle throughout the morning.  Storm total 5.7" here...not bad. Would have broken 6" easily if we hadn't had that lull around 1-2AM.  It has compacted down to just above 5", solid 8" on the ground that probably has >1" of liquid in it.

Archived