CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about presents for your birthday. Worried about delivery though. 12-18 is tough going for ups in dc

12-18 would suffice. Very kind of you.

I'm just so excited Jan is almost over. And we got better than avg snow.

Did we get below normal precip this month but above normal snow?

Pretty close to normal.. looks like we're slightly above mtd as of now but may finish a tenth or two below. Dulles is almost 2x normal snow for Jan. 

12-18 would suffice. Very kind of you.

I'm just so excited Jan is almost over. And we got better than avg snow.

This will be the first winter since 02-03 that I can let go of easily if we can score in early feb. It's been quite cold with some ok snow. I've skated on ponds. Snow otg for a week. 8 trips to the sledding hill wirh my kids. Never boring on the track Totally old school stuff.

As epic as 09-10 was, it kinda sucked after Feb 10th. The winter was bottled up in 7 weeks for the most part. This has more overall appeal in some ways. If we fail in Feb then its the worst winter since last year

This will be the first winter since 02-03 that I can let go of easily if we can score in early feb. It's been quite cold with some ok snow. I've skated on ponds. Snow otg for a week. 8 trips to the sledding hill wirh my kids. Never boring on the track Totally old school stuff.

As epic as 09-10 was, it kinda sucked after Feb 10th. The winter was bottled up in 7 weeks for the most part. This has more overall appeal in some ways. If we fail in Feb then its the worst winter since last year

Yeah the pain of the last two winters is probably part of it but it feels like we've lived a real one again despite a few hiccups which we almost always have. What's remarkable to me is how much colder a month 1977 was.

Feb has always been my fav month for EC snow. Maybe it's the light at the end of the tunnel or something. Or that it has tended to feature the bigger events of late.

I can deal with the cold it's just not pleasant to be out on a day like today at least before the snow. We've had a few too many days like that now. I'm in for some muck chasing lol.

Yeah the pain of the last two winters is probably part of it but it feels like we've lived a real one again despite a few hiccups which we almost always have.

Kay's pics of ice boats really struck a note with me. Bay rivers just don't freeze like that anymore. We've been tracking snow since tday for the most part. I'm actually used to single digits for the first time since my CO days. Love it.

It's all numbers now. Just give me enough time to measure before melt off. Oddly enough ensemble guidance is solid cold leading into mid.Feb. we're like gettin all 70's and stuff. We'll prob.end up with a march lion

Archived