CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing about the euro op run is it really digs the midweek vort into mexico. Everything gets all amped up right over TX. Could be right but the euro likes doing that and then backs off in medium-short leads. 

It's definitely a messy storm type pattern if it's even close to as strong as the euro/gfs just showed. 

One thing about the euro op run is it really digs the midweek vort into mexico. Everything gets all amped up right over TX. Could be right but the euro likes doing that and then backs off in medium-short leads. 

It's definitely a messy storm type pattern if it's even close to as strong as the euro/gfs just showed. 

it looks like the cutter hits a wall and redevelops...anyway...there is plenty of time to get a worse solution

yes

That looks more interesting but it's so far out there who knows.  The icy look earlier is pretty much what this pattern offers unless we can keep the northern vortex a little farther east without it getting pulled back west when the next strong system drops southward out of canada.  Should be lots of cold air so lots of chances for winter wx in the form of ice or snow or some combo.

That looks more interesting but it's so far out there who knows.  The icy look earlier is pretty much what this pattern offers unless we can keep the northern vortex a little farther east without it getting pulled back west when the next strong system drops southward out of canada.  Should be lots of cold air so lots of chances for winter wx in the form of ice or snow or some combo.

you/CWG will have some tricky forecasts coming up

Euro ensebles are favoring a west track. I know there's going to be snowy solutions but you can see it on the 850 mean temp plots. 

There's a ton of spread next week as a whole with timing and events. A lot of shortwaves and a lot of solutions. Makes it fun.

Definite d10 signal and plenty of precip after that. Doesn't look like temps will be a problem based on both GEFS and EPS. EPS mean over d11-15 is about 1" of liquid. 

Looking good so far. 

Euro ensebles are favoring a west track. I know there's going to be snowy solutions but you can see it on the 850 mean temp plots. 

There's a ton of spread next week as a whole with timing and events. A lot of shortwaves and a lot of solutions. Makes it fun.

Definite d10 signal and plenty of precip after that. Doesn't look like temps will be a problem based on both GEFS and EPS. EPS mean over d11-15 is about 1" of liquid. 

Looking good so far. 

I guess there are different ways to interpret the ensembles but from what I saw they actually trended south a bit from the 0z EPS, not from the op euro of course.  Never gets the 0c 850 north of a line from HGR to LNS to TTN.  Thats a bit south of where the 0z EPS got the 850s during the height of the storm last night.  Also takes the SLP a bit further south compared to 0z and a bit weaker.  without individual members its hard to say how it gets to that mean though.  Those wont be out until later. 

I guess there are different ways to interpret the ensembles but from what I saw they actually trended south a bit from the 0z EPS, not from the op euro of course.  Never gets the 0c 850 north of a line from HGR to LNS to TTN.  Thats a bit south of where the 0z EPS got the 850s during the height of the storm last night.  Also takes the SLP a bit further south compared to 0z and a bit weaker.  without individual members its hard to say how it gets to that mean though.  Those wont be out until later. 

Yea, to be honest with precip spreading over so many panels I couldn't totally tell what direction they went in compared to 0z. Looked worse to me but that was probably more opinion than analysis. I just gave them a once over. 

Last nights members were basically unanimous with some snow on the front end at least. Pretty strong on the means. I also expect some of the ind member "snow" to be ice in reality. Wxbell algorithms suck with marginal 850's and cad. Long ways to go. I'm going to root for a weaker and pos tilt vort until the MS river. 

Yea, to be honest with precip spreading over so many panels I couldn't totally tell what direction they went in compared to 0z. Looked worse to me but that was probably more opinion than analysis. I just gave them a once over. 

Last nights members were basically unanimous with some snow on the front end at least. Pretty strong on the means. I also expect some of the ind member "snow" to be ice in reality. Wxbell algorithms suck with marginal 850's and cad. Long ways to go. I'm going to root for a weaker and pos tilt vort until the MS river. 

Do  you actually have access to each individual EPS member?  I only can see the EPS mean and then the meteograms for major cities.  If you can actually see individual members that is cool and where do you get them? 

Do  you actually have access to each individual EPS member?  I only can see the EPS mean and then the meteograms for major cities.  If you can actually see individual members that is cool and where do you get them? 

Just for precip output including snow algorithm stuff for metar locations. It's on wxbell. One of my favorite charts but since wxbell uses a flawed snow algorithm when temps are marginal at the surface or mid levels, using them verbatim causes unrealistic expectations. Cold storms are one thing. Next week's has all kinds of edges I'm sure. 

ETA:

12z just came in and man, the ensembles are snowy again. 26 members show over 6" in d8-10 in KGAI. DCA isn't out yet. Only 3 show less than an inch. All kinda of timing though. Solutions are spread through the 3 day period. Some show multiple events. I would say nothing is resolved at all attm. 

The storm being shown on the GFS for next Wed has a chance to be fun. Don't know what the euro showed.

Something similar overall. Looking like a front end deal unless we can get some confluence and keep the whole mess underneath us. I'll take anything that adds to my seasonal and be happy. Climo or bust. 

Something similar overall. Looking like a front end deal unless we can get some confluence and keep the whole mess underneath us. I'll take anything that adds to my seasonal and be happy. Climo or bust. 

Its sort of an odd evolution. I think its funny how it just turns to crayon after truncation and looks like we get pummeled. 

Gfs says rain.... Cold and dry and then rain

Gfs gives you 3-5" then nasty ice next week. The weekend is a cutter give that up. We have 3 shots after that in my opinion. Feb 4-6. 9-11 and 14-16. All 3 will have gulf and stj moisture so we don't need a bombing low. We need a less amped solution that slides east under a high. I'm banking on less amped due to seasonal trends. Things have been progressive.

Archived