amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Wednesday storm possiblities

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the GFS follows closely Ill buy a 1-2" or so, if not nada....although the RGEM/GGEM have been basically saying the same thing. 

seems like the NAM always manages to come up with one of its over the top solutions no matter what question now is how many media  outlets and the NWS will buy into it

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/namconus/2014012812/namconus_reflectivity_us.html

Dry air is something else to consider on the NW edge of the snow shield-how much will be eaten by the dry air mass? I don't think much falls to the ground northwest of where the 0.1" line is on the models, but we'll see. I'd be quite surprised if I end up with more than 1-2" IMBY, maybe 1" in the city.

GFS has 0.1" to NYC....very similar to other guidance. I would say a 1-2" event on average for the metro,a little less west, a little more east

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=030ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F12%2Fgfs_namer_030_precip_p24.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=precip_p24&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M

From HM in mid atlantic forum:

A 600mb omega dendrite bomb? If gfs looks similar, I'd double qpf for totals.  Well if you sufficiently make dendrites and strongly with omega, the ratios will easily double. Depends on how strong the synoptic lift is and where that convergence zone sets up. GFS naturally makes this less confident.

From HM in mid atlantic forum:

A 600mb omega dendrite bomb? If gfs looks similar, I'd double qpf for totals.  Well if you sufficiently make dendrites and strongly with omega, the ratios will easily double. Depends on how strong the synoptic lift is and where that convergence zone sets up. GFS naturally makes this less confident.

Upton is at 20 to 1 , if we squeeze out .2 , huge win 

Archived