amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Wednesday storm possiblities

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precip is much further west this morning when compared to the 6z Guidance Neither the GFS nor the NAM

Snow in Western TENN  back thru Little Rock AR .

I don't know if that translates downstream .

But would like to see how the 12z Guidance initializes and see how it matches up this morning .  

If anything does fall on the coast , Ratios as per UPTON .

SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH 6 PM WEDNESDAY/...
CONSENSUS AMONG THE GUIDANCE DEEPENS THE SOUTHERN STREAM LOW OFF
THE SOUTHEAST COAST WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND TRACKS THE LOW WELL
SOUTH AND EAST OF THE BENCHMARK TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY. THE
PRECIPITATION SHIELD WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION. WITH THE ARCTIC
AIRMASS IN PLACE THE PRECIPITATION WILL FALL AS ALL SNOW. WILL
AGAIN BE A RATHER DRY SNOW AND USED A SNOW RATIO BETWEEN 15 TO 1
AND 20 TO 1. HIGHEST SNOWFALL WILL BE ACROSS THE TWIN FORKS AND
INTO COASTAL NEW LONDON COUNTY. THE LOW IS PROGRESSIVE AND WILL
QUICKLY PRODUCE MUCH OF THE SNOW THIS EVENING INTO LATE TONIGHT
WITH THE BEST LIFT AND SNOW GROWTH. WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THE LOW IS
TRACKING AWAY AND SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE WEST.

i still cannot find my car after all the snow i got from the srefs last wedneday night up here in western mass

lol - I think everyone should get extra sleep this week because starting this weekend there are going to be several late and all nighters with a train of storms coming each one with the potential to deliver big !  :sled:  :thumbsup:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2014012806/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us.html

Speaking of which I still have no power because the power lines are buried in 60" of snow from last years 00z NAM run prior to February's blizzard.

It should've melted by now from the DGEX's 113 degrees last July. Back on topic, looks like clouds will be thicker then originally thought.

Is that a response to the trough continuing to sharpen, the kicker slowing, or a combination of both?  Does 700 RH support the western precip or do we have a ways to go to saturate?  TIA.

It could be a little bit of all of those things.

But this model is so god awful, I really have a hard time putting trust into it even at this range.

It could be a little bit of all of those things.

But this model is so god awful, I really have a hard time putting trust into it even at this range.

But the trend has most defintely been our friend & NAM & GFS were near carbon copies last night. You dont think this is  real?

the NAM does have the low further north - not just an expansion of the precip field to the west - the steadiest heavier snow line runs from the Bronx southwest across passaic - morris - somerset down to trenton all areas east of there get accumulations greater then 1 inch

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/namconus/2014012812/namconus_reflectivity_us.html

Archived