Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday storm possiblities

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New RAP gives us close to nothing

Shows light snow as far north as Westchester County.

However it shows total accumulations of less than one inch for everyone except when you head down into Monmouth county where it shows 1" or more, and south. This is compared to it's previous runs where the 1" line was well into NENJ. Huge shift south and in line with other guidance

Forecasts from the NWS down there are for 10-14" from Norfolk to the coast. I think they will mostly verify. Looks like it'll come down very hard there and stick fast

That's really impressive, that'll be more than I've gotten in one storm so far this winter. 

Same here ! Last storm gave me CLOSE to 10 but not quite

It's really nowcasting time. Looks like the radar is starting to show expansion north towards DC now-let's see how that translates northeast. I think still that anywhere north and west of the city is going to have a hard time getting more than a minor coating, due to the depth of the dry air in place, and it still wouldn't surprise me if I wake up tomorrow morning to less than an inch.

This is definitely a shellacking though for the Virginia Capes and eastern NC-I think a foot of snow is possible there in some places. The ice impacts will also likely be very serious further south, including for Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

Archived