joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday storm possiblities

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ticks me off.  left charleston  to hopefully see some snow up here,,,now it looks like charleston gets the big ice/snow and were left cold and dry up here. such great timing I have

We've had over 20" of snow this month (I'm at 22" this month), we have some real opportunities next month and are in a massively below normal cold snap. It might take Charleston more than half a decade to accumulate the snow we've had in a few weeks.

On DT's facebook page he shows GFS and Canadian esembles and both show snow for NJ. The Euro has moved way west. So NJ is not out of it.

A few flurries to perhaps an inch or two of snow just isn't that exciting for me. Even with the trends today, no one north of Atlantic City sees any more than that, except for maybe Nantucket and outermost Cape Cod.

Not alot. Good west trend on the models. Hope it continues.

the trend has certainly slowed and were coming into better consensus as we get within the 48 hour range.. while small adjustments may take place either way, your needing about a 100 mile n/w shift if you're rooting for NYC and even then you have to hope the models are handling the qpf shield correctly etc... not happening on this one... a flake or two in the air, cant be ruled out, but this does not look like an accumulating snowfall for nyc..

Is it really that much warmer there? We had less snow to work with than you and the snowpack here is still at least 4-5" deep with no bare ground showing anywhere.

We were at 40 at midnight. And we were briefly in the upper 30s Saturday with the blasting sw wind. So we didn't have much left this am anyway. It's very hard to hang on to a snow pack on the immediate south shore. You go 15 miles north to the north side of the morain and its a whole other world!

As far as this storm I think it's a lock we see not a flake

Archived