joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday storm possiblities

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we all love snow and we have to remember not every storm will produce the goods, me personally whether we get a storm or not it will be fun just to track to see if the south cN cash in on a storm, just sit back and relax the weather will do what it wants, just in enjoy the fact we have something to track even if it doesn't produce for us..

When looking at the GFS pay attention to the kicker and the STJ vort. You want the kicker slower or weaker and you want the STJ vort to be weaker and further north, not moving into Mexico. The weaker or delayed kicker allows for the more amplified flow. STJ interaction juices the system.

Yup! GFS should start in a few minutes. Very interesting developments today to say the least

I know we all love snow and we have to remember not every storm will produce the goods, me personally whether we get a storm or not it will be fun just to track to see if the south cN cash in on a storm, just sit back and relax the weather will do what it wants, just in enjoy the fact we have something to track even if it doesn't produce for us..

AGREED!

Navgem is a miss. JMA is a miss. GGEM is a scraper again...B&W maps already out. CRAS is a light to moderate hit.

Overall trends tonight are mixed but overall not good. Let's see what the Euro shows.

Considering how narrowly the Navgem misses its not that bad, its actually fairly close to the GFS/UKMET...I've been worried all day about how similar its been to the other models, its progressive bias is better than it used to be but still significantly present most of the time, I still think this event is a near miss but I would not be surprised if this ends up bringing some snow from I-95 east.

Navgem is a miss. JMA is a miss. GGEM is a scraper again...B&W maps already out. CRAS is a light to moderate hit.

Overall trends tonight are mixed but overall not good. Let's see what the Euro shows.

The CRAS is basically a benchmark track but the CRAS tends to be 100 miles too far west usually with these coastals so it too implies a close miss right now.

Archived