12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Down to the wire and models are saying wtf? 12/19-20 event

weathafella

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You busted on the Cape. BOS will likely by the time its all said and done get around an inch...maybe a hair more...today (pretty close to that now...) and lower levels still snowing. Ground is very cold...temps in the 20s. Thereafter all bets are off.

Just an inch? Im thinking 2.5-3 ish inches total

Made the drive from Chelsmford MA to ORH about an hour ago...snow line was right on I-495 near Rt 3 intersection up there...I got out of the snow about 3 or 4 miles down 495 into Westford....there is notable lower cloud deck that extended just to the W of ORH....I can look off to my west and see pinkish brighter skies...maybe 10 miles west of here. Overhead and east its much lower ceilings and has the snow look. I'm sure the snow to to 495 by now at this latitude but no flakes 15 mi west here yet.

Sun's out in God's country.

You're a bit NNW of where I was. It was snowing in North Chelmsford when I left...cant be more than about 5 or 6 miles from you.Though if your more in North Nashua, then it could be as far as 8 or 9 miles.

I'm in S Nashua, so probably around 6 miles or so...just can't wait for the first dendrites of the season lol.

Hey all -- I recently stumbled on this board and am looking forward to participating more going forward.

I live in the Kendall Square area of Cambridge -- just on the other side of the bridge. I was out around lunchtime to do some holiday errands. The roads and visibility went from everyday overcast conditions to decent snows pretty quickly. We do not have more than 1/4", but many of the backroads are getting quite slick. I was driving along the Charles (Cambridge side) and found myself barely able to see the Boston skyline about 45 minutes ago.

welcome to the boad. Hope the "cuse' isn't a reference to the Orange. You've got some Huskies in the mix here.

thanks to you and Jerry for the welcomes...

This is my first winter back in Boston in 10 years...it is good to see people still do not know how to drive in snow. Traffic backups already starting on Memorial Drive...these people need to spend a few years up at my alma mater in Syracuse, where there is no wall-to-wall coverage for a 3-6 incher.

Welcome!

I lived down the road in Inman Sq. from 2000-2007. Cambridge saw some epic snow storms in that time.

Phil I would say around 5-6" based in the colder areas. General 5" right now. Solid returns have returned to a normal NE to SW rotation and the heaviest snow bands NE of the Cape Cod elbow are now moving slowly into the region. You can see on the radar imagery that there is some sort of low level jet to the southeast of KACK. The returns are moving quickly from east to west, like the coldest cloud tops are on Satellite imagery. Quite interesting if this band can pivot into the area and then begin to slowly turn to an east to west orientation before moving out. The bullish NAM run of yesterday 12z I believe could actually get this one correct if current trends continue.

You're a bit NNW of where I was. It was snowing in North Chelmsford when I left...cant be more than about 5 or 6 miles from you.Though if your more in North Nashua, then it could be as far as 8 or 9 miles.

Snowing very lightly in Lowell. Just barely a dusting. I was in Tewksbury around 2:45 and they had about 1/4".

Same here in the CT Valley. All I see is sun and grass. I have a whopping

.1" of snow this year after only 31" all of last year. Enjoy for all those that are getting it. We are getting shut out here. Even the NAM bcaked off on that Norlun trof snow.

Congrats--enjoy! Fortunatley, the sun will be setting soon, so I won't have to be reminded how far away the snow is. lol

Archived