mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Down to the wire and models are saying wtf? 12/19-20 event

weathafella

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main roads aren't bad yet fwiw. Some snow in the middle and on the side, but travel lanes are wet to slushy. I think the snow being rather dry is allowing it to melt a little and for the salt to do its thing. The side streets are definitely snow covered.

Thanks...we've been checking webcams as well and there doesn't look to be any big problems out there (aside from the usual slow traffic!)

Hey all -- I recently stumbled on this board and am looking forward to participating more going forward.

I live in the Kendall Square area of Cambridge -- just on the other side of the bridge. I was out around lunchtime to do some holiday errands. The roads and visibility went from everyday overcast conditions to decent snows pretty quickly. We do not have more than 1/4", but many of the backroads are getting quite slick. I was driving along the Charles (Cambridge side) and found myself barely able to see the Boston skyline about 45 minutes ago.

Hey all -- I recently stumbled on this board and am looking forward to participating more going forward.

I live in the Kendall Square area of Cambridge -- just on the other side of the bridge. I was out around lunchtime to do some holiday errands. The roads and visibility went from everyday overcast conditions to decent snows pretty quickly. We do not have more than 1/4", but many of the backroads are getting quite slick. I was driving along the Charles (Cambridge side) and found myself barely able to see the Boston skyline about 45 minutes ago.

Another old IRC friend has found us...welcome Jason!

Made the drive from Chelsmford MA to ORH about an hour ago...snow line was right on I-495 near Rt 3 intersection up there...I got out of the snow about 3 or 4 miles down 495 into Westford....there is notable lower cloud deck that extended just to the W of ORH....I can look off to my west and see pinkish brighter skies...maybe 10 miles west of here. Overhead and east its much lower ceilings and has the snow look. I'm sure the snow to to 495 by now at this latitude but no flakes 15 mi west here yet.

Caught with his socks down?

I said the Cape might get 1-3" if they could stay all snow (which I wasn't thinking they would early last night)...I also said SE Mass might get a dusting to an inch, and that's all it looks like from the various highway cams posted. The radar is really trying to back in now, which could give you guys more than expected and well more than I forecasted, but there seems to be a large zone of subsidence extending from Boston to the Cape currently, we'll see how it evolves later on.

I said the Cape might get 1-3" if they could stay all snow (which I wasn't thinking they would early last night)...I also said SE Mass might get a dusting to an inch, and that's all it looks like from the various highway cams posted. The radar is really trying to back in now, which could give you guys more than expected and well more than I forecasted, but there seems to be a large zone of subsidence extending from Boston to the Cape currently, we'll see how it evolves later on.

Cape is under a winter storm warning....most of them already have more than 3"

Welcome!

I lived down the road in Inman Sq. from 2000-2007. Cambridge saw some epic snow storms in that time.

Made the drive from Chelsmford MA to ORH about an hour ago...snow line was right on I-495 near Rt 3 intersection up there...I got out of the snow about 3 or 4 miles down 495 into Westford....there is notable lower cloud deck that extended just to the W of ORH....I can look off to my west and see pinkish brighter skies...maybe 10 miles west of here. Overhead and east its much lower ceilings and has the snow look. I'm sure the snow to to 495 by now at this latitude but no flakes 15 mi west here yet.

I live maybe a .5 mile to a mile W of Rt. 3 and still nothing yet.

You busted on the Cape. BOS will likely by the time its all said and done get around an inch...maybe a hair more...today (pretty close to that now...) and lower levels still snowing. Ground is very cold...temps in the 20s. Thereafter all bets are off.

I live maybe a .5 mile to a mile W of Rt. 3 and still nothing yet.

You're a bit NNW of where I was. It was snowing in North Chelmsford when I left...cant be more than about 5 or 6 miles from you.Though if your more in North Nashua, then it could be as far as 8 or 9 miles.

Archived