amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
1/28-2/1: Multiple winter storm threats per models

GaWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the key to this run vs the last run is the upper low/shortwave is further south initially off the coast of california. the 12z run was northeast of this. Due to it's further south position, there is more separation early on between it and the northern stream.  However, the nam looks stronger at 500mb with this feature as it crosses mexico than the 12z run. It obviously is further south overall but it's still trying with a large shield of precipitation.

radar at 78 and 81 hours.

namUS_sfc_radar_078.gif

namUS_sfc_radar_081.gif

84 hour. Looks like a big hit for central and southern ga, SC, coast, etc.  not as good as the 12z run but   there should still be some decent snow in the interior . (central ga, sc, central and eastern nc later) if this run was right.

Things haven't been great today and this run isn't as good for us in the north but at least it didn't lose it. Again though, this is the long range nam so folks should take it with a grain of salt.

Loop.

http://climate.cod.edu/flanis/model/mod/index.php?type=18-NAM-US-sfc-radar-78-1

namUS_sfc_radar_084.gif

Difference between 06Z and 18Z at 200mb

Would someone please help me in understanding the jets in play.  Reference the graphics Dracula posted above, that looks to me like the polar and Arctic jets are already phased at the base of the PV in eastern Canada, which in turn phases, or at-least partially interacts with the sub-trop.  Just trying to understand better.  Thanks!

84 hour. Looks like a big hit for central and southern ga, SC, coast, etc.  not as good as the 12z run but   there should still be some decent snow in the interior. (central ga, sc, central and eastern nc later) You can tell just by looking at the loop.

Things haven't been great today but at least it didn't lose it. Again though, this is the long range nam so folks should take it with a grain of salt.

Loop.

http://climate.cod.edu/flanis/model/mod/index.php?type=18-NAM-US-sfc-radar-78-1

That doesn't look bad for Atlanta at all....Would be a few hours of moderate snow at least judging from that.

Guys, this deep cold pocket means business. 26 here in the triad for a high on tuesday? Why wouldnt we all be on the suppression train? If anything the models have trended towards a gulf coast and deep south event and possibly a dry event while the cold just pounds away. Seems like anything coming out at this point will simply hit a brick wall. (Speaking only in regards to the upper carolinas, ga appears in play)

Per new NWS forecast for Waycross:

TUESDAY

COOLER. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF

RAIN. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S.

TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN

SNOW AND LIGHT SLEET. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.

WEDNESDAY

PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND

SNOW. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S.

Love the info y'all provide but could someone please explain something for me right fast(I hope this is not a suspension worthy question) I see a lot of people on here saying it looks bad. It that for far inland areas or for within 50 miles of the coast areas? Just a little confused with some maps I have seen and some comments I have seen. Thanks for the help and GO DONATE!

Archived