joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/14 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am seeing the two band look as well with nyc right in the middle. Anyone have input as to the movement of these bands? Are they setting up shop our will they continue to waiver back and forth?

The band over NC NJ is definitely expanding to the south and east. The city is already getting back into it.

Lee G said the heavy bands would likely consolidate into a large swath of moderate to heavy snow rather than individual heavy bands with less nearby.

The band over NC NJ is definitely expanding to the south and east. The city is already getting back into it.

Lee G said the heavy bands would likely consolidate into a large swath of moderate to heavy snow rather than individual heavy bands with less nearby.

He's a good met in my experience, ABC seems best. Weather Channel got tossed from Direct TV so I have Weather Nation instead. They just do weather, and their forecasts are meh.

I don't think I have seen one snow plow go through Times Sq.   This could be a disaster.....Everyone that is commuting home tonight please drive careful!!

True. I work by Times Sq and they just started shoveling the sidewalks. Probably the new mayor is prioritizing Brooklyn and Queens you know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know suddenly all the heavy stuff is north and northeast , not much sout or southeast of us , wonder if this is winding down for southern parts of the city and Long Island.

Sorry I  said anything, RADAR  looks great off to our S , Coming back with a vengeance

Mount holly

THE EVOLUTION INTO THIS EVENING IS FOR THE FGEN FORCING INDUCED SNOW

TO LIFT INTO THE NORTHERN PART OF OUR CWA WITH THE DPVA INDUCED SNOW

CLIPPING THE SERN PART OF OUR CWA THE HARDEST. THE CROSS

HAIRS OF OMEGA AND SNOW GROWTH ARE MAXIMIZING NOW FROM I95

NORTHWARD (EXCEPT POCONOS) AND EXIT THOSE REGIONS BY 00Z. SO

WHILE THE SNOWFALL TOTALS ARE EXPECTED TO STAY WITHIN RANGE (EXCEPT

ALONG I95 WHERE WE ARE NOW TOWARD THE HIGH END OF THE 10-14"

GRAPHIC), ABOUT THREE-QUARTERS OF THE EVENT SHOULD BE DONE BY 00Z.

Archived