joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/14 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh I wouldn't worry too much about it ATM. If by 8 or 9pm comes and the snow bands remain weaker, than it's time to worry but even by then most would have over 6".

It's not weakening. The returns will not be true. The 700 mB Frontogenesis and the Ratios/vvel will be the true representation of the snowfall. 

Things could get very interesting later tonight.  From Uptons discussion :

FORECAST UNCERTAINTY RESIDES IN HOW LONG THE HEAVY SNOW BAND

REMAINS IN PLACE THIS EVENING AND ITS PRECISE LACTATION. THIS

COULD RESULT IN SEVERAL INCHES OF VARIABILITY WITH THE SNOWFALL

AMOUNTS.

-- End Changed Discussion --

Hoping for no lactation at my location

:lmao:

AMOUNTS.

:lol: Really? 

Heavy Snow/Wind. 12F. 

AMOUNTS.

God...what kind of storm lactates?  :lmao:

How do these bands always find a favorite location like southwest Connecticut , and why do these dry slots always find nyc ? This sorm looked so promising this morning. At this point I think we can end up with less snow then on the 3rd that would be funny. Only about 5 inches out there , it's nice but I thought it would be better over us by now.

How do these bands always find a favorite location like southwest Connecticut , and why do these dry slots always find nyc ? This sorm looked so promising this morning. At this point I think we can end up with less snow then on the 3rd that would be funny. Only about 5 inches out there , it's nice but I thought it would be better over us by now.

Seriously? look at that radar imagery posted just above...going to get awesome shortly if not already

Are you serious? Please...wait till it ends before!

You need to quit with the negative posts. I am really? Come on dude. The ingredients are coming together. Read more and post less.

Are you serious? Please...wait till it ends before!

exactly... if those bands in central and western nj and eastern PA come through the NYC metro you can easily add another 2-3" which would be 8" already so there is really no need for this panic or downplay.. I only 5" so far too but will get at least 2 more and thats if i dont get into the significant banding..

The bands are expanding SW dude, chill out. Even in the "dry slot" it's moderate snow. Once those bands move over us, we're looking at 1-3"/hr rates and that band isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon.

Archived